turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester 20 Gauge youth 120 Ranger

Started by Teduardo, February 24, 2018, 08:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teduardo

Looking for a choke to put on my 120 Ranger. Anybody have any experience turkey hunting with this weapon? I've got Heavyweight 3" 7s, Apex 3" 1 5/8 oz 9s and Federal TSS 3" 1.5 oz 9s Reduced Recoil. Might buy a box of Longbeards too. TIA for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sevetts

You can spend a little or a lot. You can buy a cheap choke -Carlson extended .575, or a Tightwad. Or you can buy an expensive choke a Indian creek.555 or a sum toy .562. You'll prolly be happy with any of them

Teduardo

Quote from: sevetts on February 24, 2018, 09:11:18 PM
You can spend a little or a lot. You can buy a cheap choke -Carlson extended .575, or a Tightwad. Or you can buy an expensive choke a Indian creek.555 or a sum toy .562. You'll prolly be happy with any of them
Thanks. I just got William to thread my .410 and haven't shot it yet. I wasn't pleased with the tightwad in one of my 20s I tried it in. Just got the Winchester back from the shop, so I haven't tried these TSS 9s out of it with the factory full. May look into that IC or SumToy after I shoot it. Thanks for the info. Have you shot any TSS 3" 1 5/8 or 1.5 9s or Heavyweight 7s out of the 120 Ranger with those chokes?

stetor

I got my old winchester 1300 youth out to try. I found a bass pro blackout choke in 575. I have some federal tss and hals big stubby load to try. I hope either one works. I will post results when i can shoot it.

Teduardo

Quote from: stetor on February 25, 2018, 05:21:48 PM
I got my old winchester 1300 youth out to try. I found a bass pro blackout choke in 575. I have some federal tss and hals big stubby load to try. I hope either one works. I will post results when i can shoot it.

I was going to shoot today. Rained 1.5". I read a little the other day on the blackout. For the price, I may try it out.