turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New member, first post with a question re: Franchi Affinity

Started by Josh Snyder, February 22, 2018, 10:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh Snyder

Hey guys.  Just bought a new Franchi Affinity 20ga in Bottomland with the 26" barrel.  I searched your forum a good bit and was prepared to buy a .575 Carlson and the Federal HW #7s to pattern.  Then I read that the HW are discontinued.  Can anyone offer up some help on a choke/shell combination I should get started with?  I guess I am like most folks...really want the gun to reach at 40 yards but not too tight at 20 that I have to worry.  Thanks in advance for the help!

sasquatch1

The mag blends are good shells, but I'd lean to the tss loads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

.562 sumtoy and tss 9s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Snyder

Thanks for the replies so far.

Bottomland-I will be hunting Nebraska this spring and 7.5s are the smallest shot allowable.  I am guessing that the 7.5 would be your recommendation?

turkeyinstrut

Quote from: Josh Snyder on February 22, 2018, 11:51:20 AM
Thanks for the replies so far.

Bottomland-I will be hunting Nebraska this spring and 7.5s are the smallest shot allowable.  I am guessing that the 7.5 would be your recommendation?

I believe Apex has a blend, 7.5's and 9's.

Josh Snyder

I got lucky and found some HW 7s today...bought 6 boxes.  Now to buy a choke.

Sir-diealot

I can't help with the question but I did want to welcome you to the site. Welcome.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

TKE921

Sumtoy 562-5 seems to be the go-to choke for the federal HWT-7 shells

Spurs Up

Quote from: Josh Snyder on February 24, 2018, 08:05:17 PM
I got lucky and found some HW 7s today...bought 6 boxes.  Now to buy a choke.

Good find!  Now trust your gut and get a Carlson 575.  It's easily a 40-yard killer full time.  I'm sure the Sumtoy .562 is a great, but if it produces any tighter patterns than the 575 then you better have red dot or scope and aim small.

BINK McCARTY

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BennieGobbler

Got my Sumtoy and going to shoot ASAP.   So Far the Hevi 13 Choke .573 has done a good job with TSS #9's....250-270 in 10' circle!!   Good Luck and Welcome!!
Print by Madison, on Flickr