turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Ground blind

Started by Greg Massey, February 20, 2018, 02:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jeremy

I took a gander and sat in it for a minute at the show...would be neat for solo hunts that you planned to just sit in one spot for an extended period of time. I can't imagine putting an infant in there with me, though, much less a child old enough to go hunting with me. One person maximum, in my opinion.

allchokedup

I purchased this one at the NWTF Convention. It's a nice , light blind. It has the slide windows and a large entry door. They sold out the first day and I purchased the display one for $90.00.
Here's a couple pics.

Sorry about the pics
I'll try again.

allchokedup

Quote from: allchokedup on February 21, 2018, 04:01:07 PM
I purchased this one at the NWTF Convention. It's a nice , light blind. It has the slide windows and a large entry door. They sold out the first day and I purchased the display one for $90.00.
Here's a couple pics.

Sorry about the pics.

Sir-diealot

What tripod are you using? I was thinking about getting a Bog-Pod because I had surgery on what would be me fore stock shoulder and won't be able to hold the front of the gun up but it does not allow for elevation adjustments. I thought I saw one that lets you do both adjustments in the Bass Pro Shops catalog but I can't find it now.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

allchokedup

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 21, 2018, 04:18:54 PM
What tripod are you using? I was thinking about getting a Bog-Pod because I had surgery on what would be me fore stock shoulder and won't be able to hold the front of the gun up but it does not allow for elevation adjustments. I thought I saw one that lets you do both adjustments in the Bass Pro Shops catalog but I can't find it now.

That's the ( small ) Primos Generation 3 tripod Trigger Stick.
I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks like it will work great in that little blind.

Sir-diealot

Okay, thank you very much for the reply. Best of luck to you this season.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Quote from: allchokedup on February 21, 2018, 04:06:41 PM
Quote from: allchokedup on February 21, 2018, 04:01:07 PM
Here's a couple pics.

Sorry about the pics.
I really like the blind, i see one in my future....

CMBOSTC

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I really like the looks of it.

treein dixie

CMBOSTC

I got mine yesterday, does anyone need any pics. or have questions about the blind?

wdog

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on February 24, 2018, 04:46:04 PM
I got mine yesterday, does anyone need any pics. or have questions about the blind?

A picture of the inside with a lounger chair.  Do you think you could fit a 3 year old in it?

Gamblinman

How easy is it to set up and take down?

How easy is it to move around once inside?

How much headroom do you have after sitting in a lounger chair?

Thanks in advance for the input.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

backforty

Pic of it folded up to show packed size and a pic to show how much leg room while sitting in it would be great
Print by Madison, on Flickr

DocGobbler

I'm 6'0" and weigh about 285. I bought the blind and I fit comfortably in it. Hunting the birds I do I generally sit for extended periods of time. I think this little guy is going to be great. It takes some practice getting used to setting it up but once you've got it it isn't a bit deal. The sliding windows are great, very quiet and easy to increase the gap size if you need more room in a pinch. I ordered one of their oversized chairs to sit in while using it and it's going to be great... I might end up taking a nap or two. The blind weighs 8 pounds and the carry bag comes with double straps so you can wear it like a back pack. When I know I'll be sitting for awhile, I don't use a vest and instead I carry a small bag with all my calls etc. The chair, blind and bag are going to work great for the long sits. Chomping at the bit but we've still got over a month to go.

CMBOSTC

Quote from: wdog on February 24, 2018, 05:58:47 PM
Quote from: C. Brumfiel on February 24, 2018, 04:46:04 PM

A picture of the inside with a lounger chair.  Do you think you could fit a 3 year old in it?

Do you need different pictures than what was posted before by ALLJOKEDUP? Yes, you and a 3 year old will fit.