OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Blackstone calls reviews

Started by troutfisher13111, February 19, 2018, 03:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfisher13111

Anyone have any experience with Blackstone Custom Calls? Inwas thinking about purchasing one of his glass two siders.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jroddc

I don't know anything about his 2 siders but I do have a walnut double glass and a cherry aluminum that are both top notch calls.

Spitten and drummen

He makes awesome sounding pots and does not charge a arm and a leg. Just got 3 more from him . A green slate in cherry , glass over glass in padauk and a crystal over glass in a walnut. he charges 45 to 55 a pot for a single sider.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

letinmfly

Dustin is one of the most underrated callmakers out there. IMO
He makes great sounding calls!! 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Tom Dooley

Dustin won all three divisions of the Buckeye challenge beating alot of the callmakers that won at the convention. He didn't enter any at the convention. I bought a walnut double glass and a walnut green slate and I like them both. I felt a little guilty about what I paid for them.

PEte_A

i have  walnut crystal/glass and cherry glass/glass double sider. To my ear the walnut crystal is smoking and the cherry two sider very good. I'm confident that I could kill birds with both this spring. At some point i'd like to get his walnut green slate, one of his aluminums and see if he can do me up a two sider that sounds like the walnut crystal/glass. Dustin has some videos running of quite a few of his calls on his Blackstone Calls Facebook site.

fountain2

I saw several wearing Blackstone shirts this weekend and was looking for a booth, but didnt see one.  They appear to have some great calls. 

Bowguy

One of the best callmakers out there. I only have 2, an aluminum and glass. Both are fantastic. The price was way fair too. Don't even ask. Just buy one, you'll be glad you did

Txag12

I have a cherry slate over glass from him, to me it is easier running and better sounding than a lot of other popular Calls talked about and by far my favorite slate I've ran. It's a toss up between it and a brad Roberts bronzed glass/alum for my favorite pot. I have a walnut glass/glass on the way from him now.

TKE921

I listened to almost the entire friction division contest.  Blackstone sounded just as good as any on the stage, and better than many.  I hoped he would have some of his calls in the silent auction section so I could run them, but I did not see any...or I was just blinded by all the Paul Platz calls.

turkeyinstrut

I ordered 4 pot calls from them last Friday, without a doubt some of the very best calls I have ever heard, his green slate is a KILLER.

checkmate

What is the best way to contact Mr Jones at Blackstone?

sbbow

Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KYHeadhunter02

He has a lot of videos on his Facebook. Just a heads up he doesn't do paypal, check or MO only.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

troutfisher13111

Thanks everyone. I have one of his glass/glass in a Padauk pot on the way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk