turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TSS IS NO JOKE!!!!

Started by RiverRoost, February 18, 2018, 09:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Stopped by the Federal booth today at the convention and held the two different jars that had lead in one and TSS in the other for weight comparison and WOW! I've read all about it and seen the pics but that stuff is something serious when it comes to density over lead. Just wish they'd of had a hevi weight jar for further comparison.

Also they had turkey necks and heads dipped in ballistics gel and shot at 40 yds with lead and TSS and the tss head felt like nothing but a bag full of fragments. Unbelievable!!!

West Augusta

I bought 2 boxes of 20 gauge 9 shot.  Can't wait to see how it does. 
They also had some ballistic jell blocks shot at 40 yards.  The penetration was amazing.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

outdoors

TSS SOME KINDA STEEL
THE WAY THERE FAZING OUT LEAD , THIS DOESNT SURPRISE ME ....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

BottomLand54

i have a hunting magazine where federal is promoting 75 yard shots lol with there new tss loads, i suppose apexx can get a break now.

Spitten and drummen

I'm telling you it ain't. Been hand loading it going on 5 years and my 20 ga has turned into a absolute turkey sledge hammer.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

RiverRoost

The sheer weight difference and then the ballistic turkey heads shot with we're pretty eye opening to me

Mbhyman88

I heard about TSS a couple years ago but only through people that hand load themselves.  Excited to try some of these new federal shells.  Ordered a box of .410, my goal this year is to take a gobbler with my little .410 single shot.

RemingtonRules

Until they come out with #4 shot I am not switching.  Hunt paper all you want.

taylorjones20

Quote from: RemingtonRules on February 18, 2018, 10:17:22 PM

Haha that's cute
Alive only by the Grace Of God

taylorjones20

RiverRoost, for sure TSS is the real deal.
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Hooksfan

Just got word tonight that my TSS source has a box of 10 shells of 20 gauge 9's loaded up for me. It is unbelievable what they can make a 20 gauge capable of.
For all the doubters,  you might want to pay attention to all of these testimonials coming from a group of guys who have no financial attachment and more field knowledge than what you will find on the Outdoor Channel as a general rule.

Gobble!

Bless your heart

RiverRoost

I'm not switching over to TSS bc I'm happy with my Nitro hevi combo I've got and I really like my 12 ga but I'm telling you there was substantial difference in the two turkey head/necks in ballistics gel that were shot with TSS vs the lead. Yes I wish they'd of shot the two with hevi and tss but nonetheless the tss head was nothing but crumpled, crushed bone.

appalachianassassin

Quote from: taylorjones20 on February 18, 2018, 10:21:55 PM

Haha that's cute
#4tss would be a 100 yard coyote load

Dtrkyman

First batch I got to handload I could not believe how small the bag was, I had to weigh it to confirm I hadnt been swindled, not really you could feel the weight but I was like that's it?

Pellets are extremely consistent and what I liked most was I weighed all components and after loading my shells they were all virtually Identical in weight!