OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tight lipped in East TN

Started by Tom Foolery, April 17, 2011, 06:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crutch

Had some gobbling the 2nd saturday and nothing since. Not even seeing any toms since. Hens are everywhere.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

ThicketThrasher

I'm hunting Upper East Tennessee in the NF mostly. Vacating and hunting almost everyday. I haven't heard a gobble in three days. Very frustrating.

Pickle

Im in west TN right on the KY border and its been rough also.  All the birds Ive seen have been henned up bad.  Not much gobbling at all.

Tom Foolery

Quote from: Crutch on April 19, 2011, 09:33:51 PM
Had some gobbling the 2nd saturday and nothing since. Not even seeing any toms since. Hens are everywhere.

My situation is some gobbling opening weekend and then I have not seen a tom since, very very weird.  I keep seeing hens and they are always alone, but no toms.

drmarc

In Eastern Kentucky, Pike county to be exact.

They are being pretty quiet here as well. They will gobble a bit but don't seem to answer a call and don't seem to be interested in coming in. I think they have had enough of them bitch hens..... :)
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."   Thomas Jefferson

wbpc

Maybe when the weather breaks they will start gobbling better.  For what it's worth the long range forcast shows some better weather for next week.

Tom Foolery

Improved any for you guys?  Still not much here.........

gophert

They are all so henned up here in Middle TN.   They are still gobbling just not responding to anything. I have tried all times of the day and.....nothing.

Maybe the hens will start sitting this week. 

magicman

I'm in Roane County and it's been weird here also. I killed one opening day, the birds were gobbling good then. We had about ten birds gobbling and coming in that day. The next week we went back and I heard three birds but they were a good piece away. I hunted a quota hunt the next and called in two birds (1 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday) but couldn't get either one down and haven't hard a gobble since last Sunday. Yesterday was the first time I haven't heard a gobble on my property since I don't know when. I don't know what is going on.

cannonball

Not much action here on Saturday. Had one gobbling, but couldn't call him in. Hopefully next weekend will be better for all of us.

drmarc

I got my first ever Sat morning. Located and called him in with a box call, finished the date with a pot call.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."   Thomas Jefferson

Trevor2

Starting to get in rythem here. Still henned up for most part of morning but hens are doing their thing around mid day. Killed one sat morning at 6:55. Never even gobbled but he wasn't far out of the field where heroosted so I'm convinced he seen my decoys at first light.
Strutstopper

ShotgunDave

Gobbles are tough to come by here in SC too.  I didn't hear anything until well after daylight this morning.  A spot where I normally hear 4-5 birds and I only heard one.

allchokedup

The 1st two weeks, the birds were gobbling, but they have shut down here completely. This whole season has been a lot different than the last 2 seasons for me. Not as many birds strutting in the fields and less gobbling once they fly down. Last week I had a longbeard walk 70 yrds from my blind and never even stopped to look when I gave him a little yelp.??????? Maybe they are getting a little call shy from the hunting pressure...not sure, but if it wasn't for a hen coming to my hen decoy last Friday, I would not have had a shot at a gobbler. To me....the whole season has been a little strange. If they ain't gobbling, I loose interest. Good luck to everyone.

ThicketThrasher

I haven't heard one gobble in a while. Been scouting new public land and I have had no luck at all. Gonna try again in the morning and a couple days this coming week.