OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Painted my 870 youth

Started by petemoss83, February 15, 2018, 10:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoss83

Decided to give it a try... $20 for a plastic tote and 15 for spray paint.  I saw some videos on how to hydro dip and decided why not. Should blend in a little better this year!

Swampfoxforeman

It don't look bad. I would like to camo my 20 maybe on day.

Stumpy225

mightyjoeyoung

Looks good!  That's the exact same process I'm going to use this spring.   .I'm going to go for about the same pattern type but juuuust a tad darker with more green. Good job!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

petemoss83

My base color was a desert tan color and i used five colors for dipping.  Black,  Brown, the desert tan, OD green,  and a lighter green. I wished more black showed up but im satisfied! I did go back over it with a matte clear coat. Its actually more durable than i thought it would be. Thanks for the compliments and replies!

mightyjoeyoung

Let it sit and cure without really handling it hard for a few weeks and you'll see a big increase in durability.   I didn't do that with my last paint job (why I'm repainting it this year already) and the paint would scratch off with a thumbnail.   It's hard a rock now, just has 3 big gouges in the paint. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

LRD

aeasley10

Quote from: petemoss83 on February 15, 2018, 10:11:50 PM
Decided to give it a try... $20 for a plastic tote and 15 for spray paint.  I saw some videos on how to hydro dip and decided why not. Should blend in a little better this year!

Look awesome!
Would you mind posting a link to the hydro dip videos you watched?  I have watched some but only swirl type patterns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

petemoss83

https://youtu.be/0Tag_6d1hDs

I watched this video even though the guy messes up! It's were i got my pattern.  A lot if the videos i watched were actually deer skulls.  Once i learned how to swirl the paint i gave it a try.  This was the first time i tried this but not the first time I've painted a gun. I was surprised that it turned out. I did disassemble the gun and dipped the pump,  barrel,  and action/stock separate. Not sure if that link will post correctly or not. If not just search hydro dipping gun on the you tube app.