OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite soft talkers

Started by KYHeadhunter02, February 14, 2018, 11:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

There's quite a few out there. What's your favorite? Do you carry it all the time?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chbarnha

I like the tree talker from Lonnie sneed, the pocket player from Madhatter calls, and I have one other that may not be as well known or easy to find... THe cane cutter from cane cutter game calls. That thing makes some of the best soft talk I have been able to get out any call.  and yes I carry one of these 3 at all times, love them for finishing work.

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

bobk

My favorites  are Parks soft talker and Brad Roberts cedar soft talker. I always have one in my vest.

Coop1082

Schaffer all cedar tear drop tree talker or his newer laminate tear drop. Both are excellent.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Ol Yelper

I have a Lonzo's Zebrawood Slate paired with an old, old Knight & Hale 2 piece hickory/acrylic striker and I can make the softest tree calls, purrs, and clucks that I've ever heard. Wouldn't hunt without it.

Bowguy

I like Schafer's tear drop too

idratherb

Hooksnhorns

Mouth call, Ford Mangum trough call and a trumpet.
Don't Tread On Me

hunter22

Parks Tree Talker. I have killed several gobblers first thing in the morning running nothing but that call. I can remember three different states the call worked in.

Jbird22

Sadler McGraw purr pot produces the soft stuff bout as real it gets.

Chris O

This is what I use a copper pot for they play soft real easy

shatcher

I picked up a Jimmy Schaffer laminated teardrop from him in Nashville yesterday.  What a great sounding little soft talker!  I look forward to using it.  I don't know how many of you have met Jimmy, but what a class act.

HFultzjr

Quote from: chbarnha on February 15, 2018, 12:03:02 AM
I like the tree talker from Lonnie sneed, the pocket player from Madhatter calls, and I have one other that may not be as well known or easy to find... THe cane cutter from cane cutter game calls. That thing makes some of the best soft talk I have been able to get out any call.  and yes I carry one of these 3 at all times, love them for finishing work.

I also have 1 of those Cane Cutter Calls. They do make some sweet sounds and are a very interesting call.
:gobble:

West Augusta

I typically use a trumpet for all my soft tree talk.
The same trumpet I hunt with just toned way down.

Ford Mangum makes a great trough call.  I have 2.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

KYHeadhunter02

You can cover the bottom of any pot call to tone it down I guess. I need to record it and see how it actually sounds.

Im wondering if it's worth packing a small talker. 

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk