turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

'Just Curious'

Started by greencop01, February 14, 2018, 07:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

I was curious, how many of you hunt without decoys, or blinds. Just go out and have a sear or cushion and call birds to you? This is only an inquiry if you hunt this way, that's all. Thanks  :gobble:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

LaLongbeard

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Happy

This guy. Now I have carried a single hen decoy for years but I haven't used it dor myself in the last 3 years or so. I haven't killed a bird over that hen decoy in over 5 years. I honestly Think it hurt more than it helped. I have never owned or hunted over a jake or gobbler decoy and don't think I ever will.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Fieldturkey

Greg Massey

No comment , regardless how you hunt it's doesn't make you less of a hunter... just be glad the Good Lord gave you the opportunity to hunt turkeys ...

guesswho

No decoys, blinds, seats or cushions.  But if I ever feel I need a cushion I'll get one.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: greencop01 on February 14, 2018, 07:34:20 PM
I was curious, how many of you hunt without decoys, or blinds. Just go out and have a sear or cushion and call birds to you? This is only an inquiry if you hunt this way, that's all. Thanks  :gobble:

Me 99 percent of the time. Every once in a great while I will put one out just to have something to look at lol.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

paboxcall

That describes me. Haven't hunted with a decoy in 15 years. Maybe longer. Never stepped foot inside a blind. I like to cruise the timber and travel light.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Greg Massey

So do you need Tss shot ? .......         To kill Turkeys .....    Why not make yourself a better caller and call the birds to the gun barrel...

bobk

No decoys, no blind, definitely  a cushion and a confortable pair of boots.

fallhnt

Popcorn time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

g8rvet

No blinds.  Decoys only when field hunting, never in the woods.  No fanning. 

Never gave much of a hoot what other's think of me (or my hunting methods).  I just do my thing. 

If you are legal, I have no problem when other's do theirs. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Tail Feathers

Quote from: greencop01 on February 14, 2018, 07:34:20 PM
That's the way I do it.  I rarely use decoys, usually it' me and my calls.  I don' know why any gun hunter would want a blind.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gamblinman

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. As long as I'm legal and ethical, make a clean harvest and not wounding birds.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

KYFrid

Mostly no decoys or blinds. I do use them though on days with an all day rain.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk