turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Derail this thread...

Started by Happy, February 12, 2018, 09:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Any of y'alls mama tell you to only put pennies on the railroad track because nickels, dimes and quarters could derail the train?  My mama was tight! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

BottomLand54

Quote from: Happy on February 13, 2018, 06:44:41 PM
What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?
That's like watching our awesome president against all the liberals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

Anybody ever seen a catfish?

How did he hold his pole?

HookedonHooks

Spontaneous Combustion.

NCbowjunkie

Got to go to out house let you know later!

BottomLand54

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on February 13, 2018, 08:29:39 PM

Got to go to out house let you know later!

:newmascot:

Yoder409

Shot a spring bird one time..........the shadow of his beard weighed several pounds.    I'd call and call.......he'd gobble and gobble........but he kept getting farther and farther away.  Ends up his beard was so long, he had to walk backwards to keep from tripping on it.  Onliest way I could kill him was I quit calling.  He lost interest and turned around to leave......

Shot him right in the back of the head.....

True story.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Turkz39

I hunted a gobbler last year for 21 days straight,  I thought  I knew ever step he made, But really he knew ever step I made, because he was always one step ahead of me!! Dang it!  Hopefully this spring he will take his last step! Because Iam about all out of steps for this ole long beard gobbler. You hear me ?

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Turkz39 on February 13, 2018, 11:43:21 PM
I hunted a gobbler last year for 21 days straight,  I thought  I knew ever step he made, But really he knew ever step I made, because he was always one step ahead of me!! Dang it!  Hopefully this spring he will take his last step! Because Iam about all out of steps for this ole long beard gobbler. You hear me ?

You should just go kill him with a .270. Or use TSS either way works.

BottomLand54

Quote from: HookedonHooks on February 14, 2018, 12:33:01 AM
Quote from: Turkz39 on February 13, 2018, 11:43:21 PM

You should just go kill him with a .270. Or use TSS either way works.
Lol I'd say a 7mag

Last year we were set up in a field turkey hunting with 3 trees in the middle of this field. We were set up in this row of trees with decoys our in the field around this island of trees. We had tons testing loose gobbling on the limb, so we gave them so fly down cackles and a couple soft yelps, once they flew down they got real quite. So we are setting there me and another fellor I hunt with and we are looking back over to our left in the way the turkeys come from normally, and you will not believe what happened.

Next thing we know there is a peacock laying an egg in the middle of our decoy setup. So we sit there and this thing started making all its noises and the Toms were gobbling like crazy, and this 19.4 inch bearded Tom, he could not even walk he had to fly everywhere he went because he would break his neck by stepping on his beard. This Tom comes flying across the field and lands on top the peacock and it looks like a dad breeding pair. He was bigger then the peacock. Ended up shooting 5 times with the sorry ol lead shot number 5s at 13 yards and missed every time it just wouldn't do the trick and both of them flew off together like two doves.

If we would have a rifle season for turkey we could have used our 45-70 Henry golden boy and filled the truck up.

GobbleNut

Seein' as how this could turn into another "word association" never-ending story, I am going to derail it once and for all...

tHe fAct iS that mE, MyseLf and I aRe the bEst ThrEe dUrn tArkeY hUnteRs oN PlaNet Erf  beCuz wE sAy sO.  nO nEed feR anY fUrthEr dIs-Cuss-sHun.

tHe EnD....    :toothy9: :toothy9: :newmascot: :newmascot: :newmascot: :toothy9: :toothy9:

Happy

Well if we are getting into a wee wee measuring contest I will not stoop so low as to whip mine out. However I will pull out enough to win. :)

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Gobble!

Heard Remington is filling bankruptcy. Wonder if they will ask the government to bail them out like they did for GM because they make junk and don't know how to run a company. I've always wanted to sell my 870 and get a 835 because its a better gun, now I have a reason.

99% of people who say they have been hunting the same bird for 4 years are liars.

If I don't go to church but I'm a good person do I get into heaven? What about a person who goes to church three times a week but is a terrible person overall, like all those preachers who touch little boys? To far?

GobbleNut

Quote from: Gobble! on February 14, 2018, 09:54:00 AM
Heard Remington is filling bankruptcy. Wonder if they will ask the government to bail them out like they did for GM because they make junk and don't know how to run a company. I've always wanted to sell my 870 and get a 835 because its a better gun, now I have a reason.

99% of people who say they have been hunting the same bird for 4 years are liars.

If I don't go to church but I'm a good person do I get into heaven? What about a person who goes to church three times a week but is a terrible person overall, like all those preachers who touch little boys? To far?

Oh Nooooo!  You didn't?!    :popcorn:   :TrainWreck1:   :popcorn:

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Happy on February 14, 2018, 09:37:28 AM
Well if we are getting into a wee wee measuring contest I will not stoop so low as to whip mine out. However I will pull out enough to win. :)
Now the crapppp is getting deep. Lol