News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Derail this thread...

Started by Happy, February 12, 2018, 09:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 13, 2018, 08:25:34 AM
I killed a turkey at 71 steps last year with a tss handload.
Did you throw the Tss hand load at the turkey? I don't see where you shot the bird with a gun, am i missing something..it must be splet chcek.. :goofball:

stinkpickle

I've been gone too long.  What exactly is happening here???

owlhoot

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 13, 2018, 02:01:13 PM
I've been gone too long.  What exactly is happening here???

Oh , so now you show up  :popcorn: :newmascot:

g8rvet

My first bird, I wanted to do it the old school way.  So I hunted naked, with no bug spray. I made face paint (and body paint) with some mud I found.  I fashioned a long stick and made an atl atl.  None of those fancy new fangled bows for me.  The first 40 or so I called in to range, I let walk because I only kill trophies. I finally had one in range and killed one with the atl atl at 20 steps (since patterning the atl atl I found that pattern fails before penetration).  After I killed him, I used his feather to make some arrows and string was made from naturally occurring local vines.  I harvested a hen in the fall so I could finally have a wingbone yelper. I then started really killing birds.  I also started wearing a loin cloth and the local sightings of a swamp ape lessened in our local papers (them Yeti chasers were ruining my hunts).  As I started getting better, I realized I had to  kill more than anyone if I wanted to be: ThE bEst TurKey HuNteR EveR BorN. So I started getting more modern.  I progressed through muzzle loaders, lead only, then Hevi, then HW and now TSS.  My armory of guns and paraphernalia began to expand. At this point, my 4th wife left me, but that was good because I needed the room.  I now hunt from a golf cart, that has a pop up blind on it, use 26 different calls, have an electrified thermacell. I run between 15-16 decoys, mostly stuffed birds, mostly motorized.  My goal is to fill my tags within 30 minutes of flydown on the 2nd day of the season, and if you are not trying to be a natural born killer like me, you are never gonna be a YouSpace sensation like I am.  I have my own video channel and when I whack one, I say my catch phrase "SMOOOOOOOOOOOKED HIIIIIMMMMMMM BAAAAABBBBBBYYYYYYYY".  I am very very cool.

On a more serious note, good stories above. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

guesswho

I'm not much on long shots, but I once shot one at 7:45 a.m. and hit him at 4:20 p.m.   I was going to step it off but opted to take the truck instead.   And that was with the old lead paper shells.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

g8rvet

Quote from: guesswho on February 13, 2018, 05:12:51 PM
I'm not much on long shots, but I once shot one at 7:45 a.m. and hit him at 4:20 p.m.   I was going to step it off but opted to take the truck instead.   And that was with the old lead paper shells.

Did you stop at a gas station on the way to picking him up? 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

HookedonHooks

So the Eagles won the Super Bowl? Because I thought it was supposed to be fixed for the Patriots.

guesswho

Quote from: g8rvet on February 13, 2018, 05:26:59 PM

Did you stop at a gas station on the way to picking him up?
No, I was experimenting with electric powered trucks at the time.  If I had known then what I know now I'd have stuck with it.  Plus I'd have been a little smarter back then.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

owlhoot

Sky busting or was you practicing on the decoys,again  for fun  ::)

MK M GOBL

My last turkey I got was from Piggly Wiggly said Jennie-O on the bag, was a real easy hunt :TooFunny:

MK M GOBL

crow

Quote from: BottomLand54 on February 13, 2018, 09:13:11 AM
71 steps that's all?  I shot one when I was 3.5 yrs old with a red Ryder B.B. Gun with a daisy heavier then tin B.B.. in the eyeball at 96.3 yards.

when I was 7 or 8 I shot a chicken in the back of the neck with an old Red Rider BB gun, it didn't kill it but made it walk around kind of spastic .

A horse vet was working at our farm that day, nobody knew why this chicken was walking around doing the funky chicken, so my uncle caught it, the vet checked it over and found the BB, it broke the skin and was pressing on the spine

the chicken lucked out with the vet being there, once they found the BB they knew who was responsible and I took my meals standing up for a few days.

Happy

Y'all are amatures. Honest truth I shot at a turkey a few years ago that am still waiting on the pellets to hit. He should have some awsome spurs when his number is up.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

I shot one out of a tree one time, that was on his way to taking several hen's on a date.   :funnyturkey:

HookedonHooks

Are Lonzo Ball and Lonzo Game Calls the same?

Happy

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club