News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Camo vs Black Stock?

Started by Premier Turkey Calls, February 10, 2018, 08:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Premier Turkey Calls

Quote from: WNCTracker on February 13, 2018, 08:05:00 PM
I personally don't like all black. I wouldn't choose a camo shirt with black sleeves...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but when your shirts starts to fade you buy a new one. When your stock fades you can buy a new one. What do you do when your camo barrel and receiver fades? Do you dip it for $200 (or however much it costs) by the time your re-camoing, you might as well buy a new gun due to costs. What is your approach to this situation? I'm curious to know. What do you do when your camo fades?

WNCTracker

If I'm buying new I would buy camo. If it fades then you're really not in any different situation than a black one except you had the one you wanted for several years (it sounds like you prefer camo). You could repaint it with spray paint which is easy and cheaper but less durable or dip it or wrap it or get a sleeve. You can do any of those with a black gun too. It's really just a personal preference as has been already stated.
Will carrying a black gun cost you a turkey....highly unlikely. Will carring a camo gun give you more satisfaction?  That's your question to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premier Turkey Calls

I'm all for camo just seems like a large investment in the long run. Say you buy an 870 in full camo. You pay extra for this feature. 10 years later the camo is faded and you have a white gun. You redip the gun for x amount and every 10 years you do the same. A black gun you buy it for cheaper, and it's set for life. Is the camo worth the cost and hassle?

Ozark Ridge Runner

They all look the same to the turkeys when all they see is a round hole pointing at them.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Ozark Ridge Runner on February 13, 2018, 11:24:47 PM
They all look the same to the turkeys when all they see is a round hole pointing at them.

This.
And then the flash of lightning and the boom of thunder...then...floating...in a game bag that is!  Lol
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.