OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DD Adams

Started by crenshawco, February 10, 2018, 08:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southern_leo

Quote from: MDTOM84 on February 10, 2018, 09:48:05 PM
Quote from: Footballer on February 10, 2018, 09:44:31 PM
Anyone know about how many calls get entered and how they actually judge them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know Hank's had 2 or 3 pro staff members judging last year
Yeah I saw that debacle on another forum. I don't think prostaff members of participating call makers should be able to judge the division their company is competing in. It would be difficult not to have a degree of biased.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mspaci

doesnt matter, from what I gather its more of a popularity contest as to who wins. NOT the best pot. mostly political, Mike

idratherb

Well said mspaci that's the truth

sbbow

Quote from: mspaci on February 11, 2018, 10:43:07 AM
doesnt matter, from what I gather its more of a popularity contest as to who wins. NOT the best pot. mostly political, Mike
I agree 100% an that needs to change !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deast1988

I like DD Adams calls, if they win you can bet it'll be pure turkey should the consumer go get one.

Halloran
Corder
Lonzo
DayBreak
Hanks

A few I have and play, a few have earned a spot in my vest a few have earned backups on the shelf should I misplace one.

duckaholic25

Its pretty easy to win when the judges are on your pro staff. Paul got robbed last year. And that is coming from a callmaker that was competing against him!

Triple B

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on February 10, 2018, 08:53:42 PM
Nothing against the call makers, but hopefully its someone that can fill customers orders so we can purchase the calls. Maybe that's a bit selfish?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
We are our own worst enemies. As soon as someone posts the next greatest best call ever,
200 plus people get in line for one,and then wonder why the call wait went from 4 weeks (aka Paul Platz) to 2 years plus.I'm just using Paul as an example, but a true one.
But I have watched the circus go round and round, with other callmakers as well.

TauntoHawk

its a shame its a flawed system but judging turkey calls is going to be a very subjective opinionated business once you add pro-staff and friendships into the equation you are bound to get a practically irrelevant result.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rbreedi1

Thunder Ridge Totes

KentuckyHeadhunter

Wow! Huge congrats to her!
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

nsselle

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nsselle

Congrats to the kid for sure.....that is surprising

KYHeadhunter02

Platz will be there one day...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

southern_leo

I get that some people are upset because someone else didn't win, but coming from someone with a young daughter it is cool the young lady won. I would hate to judge this contest, I'd bet there are a ton of awesome calls there. I can't imagine picking a favorite

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

EZ

Congrats to Riley!!!