turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DD Adams

Started by crenshawco, February 10, 2018, 08:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crenshawco

Who do y'all think wins it this year in Nashville?

Coop1082

No idea who all is entered but I've seen and heard a few pots from a guy that is entering a few of his. He has recently become pretty darn popular on here and in general. Two in particular that are absolutely lights out. One being an aluminum and one a crystal and those aren't even the surfaces he's been getting the notoriety for....After the show is over I'll come back to this thread and let you know who it is and what the pots are! Lol. Hate to name drop when he's trying to keep the stuff a little "behind closed doors".
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

HookedonHooks

Kimmy Hanks is gonna get a three-peat  :goofball: :goofball: :goofball: :goofball:

All jokes aside.... I feel like I've got a good idea of who's gonna win. We'll all just have to wait and see.

KYHeadhunter02

Nothing against the call makers, but hopefully its someone that can fill customers orders so we can purchase the calls. Maybe that's a bit selfish?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Happy

The one that that scores highest with the judges.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Happy hooker

For those going to convention can you post who won has soon has possible,,love to know he box call winner too.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on February 10, 2018, 08:53:42 PM
Nothing against the call makers, but hopefully its someone that can fill customers orders so we can purchase the calls. Maybe that's a bit selfish?

Just my opinion, but that is a bit selfish. While it would be nice if some call makers could fill as many orders as others, but they simply can't. Those guys aren't people that can take on call making full time. It's not that they wouldn't sell the calls or make enough money, it's that they plain don't want to do it fill time, it would suck all of the enjoyment out of it, it would then become "work". You must also factor in these people have families too, and stuff like new babies for a lot of the younger guys. Just because they can't fill as many orders, but make the "best" call, there is no reason they don't deserve the recognition and awards that are out there.

Coop1082

I also agree with TJ.  Paul not winning one yet is like the equivalent of it taking, what was it 25 years?, for Leonard DiCaprio to win an Oscar. Paul makes an outstanding caller and absolutely deserves it just as much as anybody...
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Coop1082 on February 10, 2018, 09:14:03 PM
I also agree with TJ.  Paul not winning one yet is like the equivalent of it taking, what was if 25 years?, for Leonard DiCaprio to win an Oscar. Paul makes an outstanding caller and absolutely deserves it just as much as anybody...

Perfect analogy, couldn't have said it better myself.

KYHeadhunter02

It was a selfish comment after thinking about it. I understand most call makers have a regular full time job. I don't see how David Halloran fills all his orders and keeps a construction business going. I have a family and cant imagine juggling it all. I didn't realize Paul hasn't won the DD award. He absolutely deserves it as much as anyone else.

Carry on...

Tom Dooley

I would agree with Paul Platz. After playing alot of calls on the call makers table the last few years Pauls calls impressed me the most.

KYHeadhunter02

Found a list posted by Rebelyell:

2002 Bill Zearing Cody Calls
2003 Bruce Wurth American Friction Calls
2004 Harry Blodgett
2005 Larry Bean
2006 Gary Anderson Radical Bubinga slate
2007 Pat Strawser
2008 Pat Strawser
2009 Tim Clayton
2010 David Halloran Crystal Mistress
2011 Lonzo Waterfall Bubinga glass
2012 Lonzo BE maple slate
2013 Gary Anderson Canarywood glass
2014 Clint Corder Osage glass
2015 Clint Corder Macacauba aluminum
2016 Kimmy Hanks Zebrawood glass

I couldn't imagine choosing 1 when there are so many great call makers. Paul should be on there though.

Spitten and drummen

Paul deserves it. He makes a awsome pot. I am going on 3 years waiting. I have a couple of special ones coming when my name comes up.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

crenshawco

I'll agree with everyone on Platz. He certainly deserves one. Y'all watch out for Riley Corder. I wouldn't be shocked to see her make a run at it

Footballer

Anyone know about how many calls get entered and how they actually judge them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk