turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Binoculars

Started by Wayman, February 09, 2018, 11:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayman

I was wondering how many use them,and what would be the best kind that wouldn't break the bank????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I like Vortex compact Diamondback 10 x 28 .. and they go with me on every hunt.. they are as important as my calls and gun... If your going to buy a pair make sure you get them waterproof... You can buy the Vortex like i have for around 130 - 140 dollars...

Yoder409

Nikon Prostaff 7 in 10X-42 here.

They go with me always in the turkey woods.   Run you right around $150-$175 if.you look around. 

GREAT glass for the money !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

paboxcall

I have a pair of Leupolds Acadia that Cabelas put on sale last year. I think Nikon and Vortext make excellent glass too.

You really can't go wrong with any - read the reviews online, decide if you need them for watching fields or up close in the woods, wait for a choice sale and go from there.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Spring Fever

X2 on the vortex
But like mentioned they all make good pairs and look for the sales.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

MK M GOBL

You can get some good glass in that $300 range, to really "see" a difference from there you will double your price at each stage. I have several different pairs for their use. (IMHO I would not have a pair of bino's under this price point, just lack of performance)

As a good quality pair in that range I would take a look at the Nikon 8x30 Nikon Monarch 7's you can find these for $325ish.

I love my "turkey bino's" Swarovski's 10x30 SLC's and found them at an amazing deal! I have my main hunting pair of 8.5x42 EL's and my beat arounds for in the truck or on the quad in a 8x42 Alaskan Guides (wish they still made these).

MK M GOBL

fallhnt

I have a nice set of Zeiss 8x30 in the classifieds.SOLD SPF

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Update....SOLD
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Swab21

Vortex. As stated above lookout for sales, I never pay retail for hunting gear if I can help it.

Gobble!

I really like my Vanguards, customer service is great, but have talked to a lot of people who really like Vortex.

dirt road ninja

Vortex 10x28, small enough to carry in the vest, quality enough for hunting large ag fields.

PaLmbHngr

I like Vortex as well. Lifetime warranty and great customer service. The binoculars are great too.

Cut N Run

I have a pair of Leupold Gold Ring 10 x 28 that I've carried for around 25 years.  The optics are clear & bright. They've definitely helped my hunting.  They don't go in my vest when I hunt thick woods, though every other time they're with me. I think they were around $400 when I got them. Lifetime warranty & made in the U.S.A. I don't know why or when Leupold quit making them, but I wish they still did.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

bbcoach

IMO a Good pair of Binos are a Must when turkey hunting.  They allow me to identify birds at longer distances, see birds in semi and open cover better and GREAT for long distance scouting.  If your hunting totally in timber, maybe not a requirement.  I normally spot and stalk more open areas and forest roads so for me I utilize them a lot.  My go to pair is 8x42 Bushnell's.  With the advent of the Bino Harness, they can be fixed to my chest out of the way and be available anytime I need them.  Some say, just something else to carry but to me they are a valuable tool for success. IMO they are as valuable as my gun. 

the Ward

I had a tasco rubber armored little binoculars that I carried forever, until I lost them on a muzzleloader hunt. Super small, light, and cheap, but the glass was pretty good for what they were. Replaced them with a bushnell pair that were similar, just a little bigger than the Tascos. I liked the tascos better, but the bushnells were a gift so I will continue to use them. The Bushnell is pretty decent, the only thing I don't like is the zoom adjustment is a little sloppy compared to the tasco, and they are a little bigger. Glass is compareable between them. They are  usually available for $20 or so. I use a carabiner to clip the carrying case to a d- ring on my vest to save pocket space. Work great for turkey hunting, and at 20 bucks you are not out much if you lose them.