OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Halloran Metal Mouth II

Started by BABS9, February 08, 2018, 08:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

Got my MM2 in the mail today.  Shipped with 2 piece dymondwood and 1 piece Ipe.  Ive had about 20 minutes total to run the call so here's my initial thoughts.

The new MM2 looks infinitely better than the old MM.  The one piece pot is awesome looking since he stained the wood and goes really well with the engraved soundboard.

I had the original MM and killed a bird with it, then sold it.  As far as I can tell, this pot sounds very similar to the sound of the original, but with a slightly lower tone.  In my opinion the 2 piece dymondwood sounds better than the 1 piece ipe, but the ipe does sweeten the call or mellow it out just a touch. 

Overall Im pleased, and happy with my purchase, but its a tough choice between the MM2 or the Mistress for his best crystal surfaced pot.  The MM2 is way better than the Twisted Sister and slightly above the Double Glass.  I never had his cacklin crystal to make any comparison.

Some may feel different, but these are purely my first thoughts upon running the call and only inside.

Ben

Coop1082

Mine came today also. I have to agree with everything said so far except I don't and haven't owned the original Metal Mouth to compare to. I think we all have different ears pertaining to the sister or mistress and I've always leaned sister for my ear. For me personally the call is every bit as good as the mistress and on par with the sister. I can't say "better" than the sister as of right now because that particular pot has brought quite a few birds to the barrel for me. As far as general sound, looks, and playability go, David knocked it out of the park. It will absolutely get vest time and I hope to have similar results from it as I have from the Twisted Sister!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

duckaholic25

Dang it y'all are killing me. I placed my order an hour after his Facebook post. When did y'all order.

Daveb

Yep. Still patiently waiting for mine. Hopefully it will arrive this week!

SwampSniper

Waiting on mine as well. Can't wait, everything I have read sure makes it sound like a turkey magnet.

Fieldturkey

RemCrystal

Just received mine today. Took about a month h. Sounds and looks fantastic.

WV Ridge Reaper

Got mine today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZachH28

I picked one up at the Dixie Deer Classic. Personally, I like it much more than the original metal mouth. It's got a richer, more crisp tone and it is more forgiving especially on the front end of the yelp. 

Spitten and drummen

My personal take on mine is im not real happy with mine. Rolls over easy , looks awesome but lacks a strong backend like I personally like. I contacted David and he emailed me immediately and told me to send it back he wants to take a look. Davids a great guy and I love his calls. I may have just got one that could have a defect. He is mailing so many out and so many orders coming through it is very possible. He is gonna send me another to try. Not bashing or being negative , again David makes a great call and will take care of you.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 06, 2018, 10:01:40 AM
My personal take on mine is im not real happy with mine. Rolls over easy , looks awesome but lacks a strong backend like I personally like. I contacted David and he emailed me immediately and told me to send it back he wants to take a look. Davids a great guy and I love his calls. I may have just got one that could have a defect. He is mailing so many out and so many orders coming through it is very possible. He is gonna send me another to try. Not bashing or being negative , again David makes a great call and will take care of you.
And it happens

I got a call before that just sounded dead didn't really pop when you got into it. We exchanged it and the it was night and day. I'd imagine sometimes it's hard to pick up on it too running each for 10 seconds in a line of 50 going out the door.

I'm just waiting for the final verdict to render on these before I decide if there's enough difference from the twisted sister to own both and either carry both or replace the sister in the vest.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

duckaholic25

Still waiting here. I know there wasn't that many people ahead of me

chuckward

That says alot about David making good on the call and reponding that fast this time of year.

Fieldturkey

I think David is a good guy doing the best he can to keep up with an overwhelming amount of orders. Glad he's taking care of you. Im sure it's tough for him this time of year.

Jgarrett

Quote from: MDTOM84 on March 04, 2018, 02:19:43 PM
I got my MMll today, I like it! I think it's a little bit better than the original MM. It will definitely get vest time this spring

I'm with you there TJ, it is hard to differentiate between the 2, but it just feels so good to get a new call from him.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida