turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Building another Gun

Started by BottomLand54, February 07, 2018, 06:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BottomLand54

Ok guys I sold my encore pro hunter 20 gauge to a fellor, so I decided to take the money and replace it with another gun.

Went to Walmart today and bought a Remington 870 compact 20 gauge. I have been looking for an all camo one. And thanks to Greg Massey on here he was at Walmart in TN yesterday and told me he seen one. So I went to my local Walmart here in NC and they had 2 in the back. I bought it and so far have installed a claw sling. This gun already comes with sling mounts unlike your normal compact 870 20 gauge.

I have ordered a sumtoy Mount for my ff3 and going to have my local gunsmith drill and tap and install the sumtoy Mount once I get it, I am going to install the ff3. I also ordered a sumtoy 562-5 choke. I am going to shoot apex 3" 1 5/8 oz 9 shot tss out of it Lord willing.

Here is a picture of the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Nice looking rig man.

Swampfoxforeman

I love 20s looks great I wished mine was camo.

Izzyjoe

Swab21

WOW!! I like that bad boy! I am in NC Also, I am gonna see if I can locate one tomorrow. 

bbcoach

I bought my 835 from Wally World about 10 years ago.  It was the Turkey/Duck combo with a 24 and 28 inch barrel with 4 screw in chokes.  Just so EVERYONE knows, they have a catalog behind the sporting goods counter with numerous guns they can special order.  If they don't have what you are looking for on display, check the special order catalog.  My 835 wasn't on display so I ordered it.  Only took about a week and I had it in my hands.  Check the catalog Gentlemen, if you don't see what you want.

BottomLand54

Quote from: Swab21 on February 07, 2018, 08:32:41 PM
WOW!! I like that bad boy! I am in NC Also, I am gonna see if I can locate one tomorrow.
367.00 at Walmart you have to tell the Gun novice at counter to look in back for Remington 87O compact camo.

Model number 81174

The 81169 comes with a full choke but same gun Walmart does not carry it.

BottomLand54

Thanks guys for all the complements.

Swampfoxforeman

I'm also in NC but with a new born wife would kill me if I bought one. If find a good deal I may just pick on up lol despite the consequence

fallhnt

Why does Remington call them compact? It's not a youth gun is it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

BottomLand54

Quote from: fallhnt on February 11, 2018, 06:55:54 AM
Why does Remington call them compact? It's not a youth gun is it?

Yes it is a youth gun, you most time have to buy a compact aka youth to get the 21" Barrel.

We are shooting the guns like rifles so a shorter stock doesn't matter, we are not wing shooting. It cuts down on weight makes the gun quicker to shoulder and easier to swing around trees etc.

fallhnt

^^^thanks

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

gatrkyhntr70

Very nice rig! Wish I could find one!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

BottomLand54

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on February 11, 2018, 12:54:08 PM
Very nice rig! Wish I could find one!

GO to your walmart stores they have them, ask them for a remington 870 camo 20 gauge they dont know what a compact or youth is.

its number 81174 which want help you out.

Swab21

Sanford NC has one left and Lexington NC has two. I don't know why they don't put them out. When I got mine they acted like it was a huge inconvenience to them.