OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Going without a vest this year...

Started by northms, February 05, 2018, 03:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number17

I've had a Cabelas 1/2 Vest with speed seat for 10-12 years.
Basically a waist pack with the seat attached to the back. When the weather gets hot it's so much nicer to not have that extra weight and heat on your upper body.

It's one of those things that I wish I would have bought a dozen of them before they quit making them.
If anybody happens to have one I'd love to buy it off you.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Marc

I have my vest fairly well organized, and like the convenience of it...  A couple spots I hunt are a fair distance down into a steep canyon, and the game-bag for the turkey makes this walk a bit easier (than slinging it over my shoulder)....

So...  The vest stays...  But I have thought about giving up on pants...  Now that would be liberating...  And probably cut down on people wanting to hunt anywheres near me...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Happy

I can't give up any clothes. The whiteness is strong with me. I am afraid the glare would be so great that I would be accused of hunting with an artifical light. And it definitely would not be sporting killing an animal that's already been blinded.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Izzyjoe

The first season I hunted, I used a turkey fanny pack from Walmart. It's ok, I still use it when the weather is warmer. The one thing I don't like about it is it want to slide down my waist, I'm a skinny sucker, so I've had to tie it to my belt to hold it up. Mostly I use a vest, cause I like the seat cushion, my back side can't stand the hard ground. And carrying a cushion is cumbersome.