OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What’s the best snake boots out there?

Started by Quackwacker NC, February 05, 2018, 12:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quackwacker NC

Looking to get a new pair of boots this year, wish I would of got the bottomland danners last year but didn't, currently wearing mucks with snake gaiters so I'm not opposed to shorter boots and wearing the gaiters but they need to be comfy and waterproof

buzzardroost

You can still find some of the Bottomland danners new on eBay. I bought a pair for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbird22

Lacrosse Alpha Mudlite Snakes going on year #5 for me. They are hot and heavy but are still waterproof and hopefully still snakeproof as well (knock on wood..lol).

dirt road ninja

Ones that you will wear. I've bought a couple pairs online that I wore a couple times and got rid of them. A few years ago, I spent a couple months looking and trying on boots, finally I decide on a pair of Chippewas. I've worn them for 3 seasons now.

Goodtimekiller

I've been through a bunch and the danners are the best ive had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blake_08

I'll cast my vote for Irish Setter Vaprtreks. I've been wearing mine for 2 years now with zero issues. I haven't tried all of the brands out there, but of the one's I've tried, these have been my favorite. Super light weight and comfortable. Mine feels like extra high top tennis shoes. Good luck.

Greg Massey

The way i look at it buy the best you can for the money you have to spend. If your budget is 100 dollars or over 200 dollars buy the best in your price range.. I don't like to recommend snake boots because the sizes vary so much and the wearing of these boot's are so different depending on your hunting ground ...I will say i like my Redhead side zip.... going on 5 years...

nyhunter

love my danner pronghorn's pricey but very comfortable.

Yoder409

Quote from: blake_08 on February 05, 2018, 04:17:10 PM
I'll cast my vote for Irish Setter Vaprtreks. I've been wearing mine for 2 years now with zero issues. I haven't tried all of the brands out there, but of the one's I've tried, these have been my favorite. Super light weight and comfortable. Mine feels like extra high top tennis shoes. Good luck.

X2 !!!

I call my Vaprtreks my "17 inch runnin' shoes"..............

This spring will be year 4 for them.  Just gettin em good and broke in.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Geechie

I found a pair of the Bottomland Danners about a month ago on eBay.  They might be the most comfortable snake boots I have ever owned. They broke in less than a couple of hours of walking around the yard and house. So far they have passed the water hose test also.

I had Chippewas for years and they are a great boot, they do take a while to break in.

Don't buy a pair of Rockys. I bought a pair a few years ago that were garbage. Zippers broke on the second hunt and I had to use a pair of chanel locks to get them off!

skimerhorn

dswmsn

Another vote for 17" Irish Setter Vaprtrek snake boots. Break-in time is almost non-existent and they are comfortable and almost like wearing  tennis shoes. Plan on paying just short of $200, but I am going on the 4th deer and turkey season with mine and they are no worse for the wear yet. I figure to get several more seasons out of mine.

Yoder409

Quote from: dswmsn on February 15, 2018, 10:13:42 PM
Another vote for 17" Irish Setter Vaprtrek snake boots. Break-in time is almost non-existent and they are comfortable and almost like wearing  tennis shoes. Plan on paying just short of $200......

If anyone's interested in the Vaprtrek snake boots, I can give you the info of a bona fide Irish Setter dealer who'll do them for about $150+shipping.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

nitro

13 seasons in my Russell Turkey Hunter Lites.   Custom made to my feet - not some generic size XX mold. As waterproof as an all leather boot can be. Tough, comfortable and lightweight. Coast to Coast and to Old Mexico .. my Russell's have covered many, many  miles.

Amortized over the last 13 seasons, my Russells have cost me about $30 a year. You won't beat that with Danner, Irish Setter, or even Chippewas.. I wear them in our early deer season also- not just turkey hunting.

My Russell's will probably need a new set of soles by 2019.  $ 75 or so..

Best snake boots?? To my mind, it's Russell's.
Royal Slam 2008

Bottomland

Completely agree with Nitro.  Russell snake boots are by far the most comfortable and best build boot I've owned.  If you hunt all river swamp it may not be the right choice but as far as walking for miles and weight best I've found.  Best looking too.