turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Such a great Sunday evening

Started by idratherb, February 05, 2018, 06:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idratherb

Couldn't be happier to watch the Patriots lose, thank you Jesus! :jackson: :thanks:

bbcoach

For you Eagles fans Congrats (not players or owners)!  But for me, I didn't watch the first second of the game.  As much as I enjoy sports, I made a PROMISE to boycott ALL Pro sports, tickets and sponsors, until the PRIMA Donnas return to their senses and REALLY start supporting this GREAT Country , Flag and the Veterans that fought and DIED for it, so they can make Millions of dollars a year to play a GAME.   

Greg Massey

Quote from: bbcoach on February 05, 2018, 08:07:43 AM
For you Eagles fans Congrats (not players or owners)!  But for me, I didn't watch the first second of the game.  As much as I enjoy sports, I made a PROMISE to boycott ALL Pro sports, tickets and sponsors, until the PRIMA Donnas return to their senses and REALLY start supporting this GREAT Country , Flag and the Veterans that fought and DIED for it, so they can make Millions of dollars a year to play a GAME.   
Amen.... I didn't watch the game either and i really didn't miss it at all... I have a son who is serving his country and trying to keep America safe....

Happy

Didn't watch it either. My vote may not matter much but I will not support anyone who does not show support to this country. If you can't stand for the anthem then you are not a citizen in my humble opinion.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

BottomLand54

Quote from: bbcoach on February 05, 2018, 08:07:43 AM
Amen that flag means something to me and that national anthem....

I support our local, state, and federal officers and all of our military.

I am thankful I am a Christian first and foremost and glad I live in America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boonelli14

I havnt watched one snap of NFL football this year. I'm a firefighter and although I didn't serve in the armed forces I work with several guys who had multiple tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. Not to mention all the men I know that served in Vietnam and anyone else who fought for our great nation. I feel it a disgrace to all the men and women in our armed forces, present and past,  to kneel during our national anthem. I'm all about getting your message across but not at the cost of our national anthem. PATHETIC

guesswho

I've never been a big fan, so not watching came natural for me.   Congrats to the city of Philadelphia though.   I just wish some of their fans had some class.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Happy on February 05, 2018, 09:02:34 AM
Didn't watch it either. My vote may not matter much but I will not support anyone who does not show support to this country. If you can't stand for the anthem then you are not a citizen in my humble opinion.
Amen to that... :icon_thumright:

silvestris

Haven't watched a single down since the kneeling started and don't plan to resume watching if they stop kneeling; same thugs.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

bbcoach

Good to hear from the rest of you.  I knew that some diehards had left the Pro TV ranks but it has surprised me that so many feel the way I do.  To ALL you veterans, soldiers and sailors, first responders, police officers and families of these BRAVE men and women that put your LIVES on the line and on hold everyday for each of us to have the FREEDOMS we enjoy, THANK YOU!!!!!!  God Bless each of YOU!!!   

idgobble

Didn't watch games last Fall but kept one eye on this Superbowl while visiting with friends at a Superbowl party.  Surprising to me how many people I've talked to are not watching games anymore.  I'm glad the World Series was such a great one and reminded people how great baseball is and it was fun to watch a sport without all the politics injected in to it.  I do have a question about the Eagles I'm going to start another topic on.

wvspitndrum

Quote from: Happy on February 05, 2018, 09:02:34 AM
I agree 100% with Happy on this one !! Started watching a game after halftime unaware of the kneeling that was taking place , as soon as they started showing clips from around the league i turned it off and walked away.
Never even watched a highlight the rest of the season !!

Tail Feathers

I watched the Superbowl.  It's the only NFL game I watched this season. 
My buddies and I have a tradition for it and we chose not to break it.

Y'all won't be surprised to learn the NFL brought a Medal of Honor recipient out for the coin toss, trying to show they care about veterans I guess.

This was just after they showed several of the Eagles players with their hands on their faces and in their collar, not over their hearts.  There was no kneeling.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bbcoach

Quote from: Tail Feathers on February 05, 2018, 06:41:12 PM

Y'all won't be surprised to learn the NFL brought a Medal of Honor recipient out for the coin toss, trying to show they care about veterans I guess.
I'll say it, BS.  The NFL, Owners or Players don't have a CLUE!  Sorry!  Back down off my soapbox! 

dayna105

The last NFL game I watched had Danny White as quarterback for Dallas. Too tall Ed Jones played also. That was football. Not  the National Felon League they have now. Sports and politics should not be allowed on the same playing field.