OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Guns for sale?

Started by USmarine4910, February 04, 2018, 04:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USmarine4910

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if there is a section that sells guns? If so can you point me to it? Thanks.

captpete

There is not a section for selling guns...it's not allowed. There are sections for choke tubes, gun parts and ammo.

Old Gobbler

There is several legal hurdles with selling firearms via a online forum.  I am well versed having being a firearms dealer in the past.

atf/batf nightmare in the advent a issue arrives ...and it will , we have had issues with items as small as $9 , more issues would arrive with the larger tempting for scammer items

One has only to read the headlines today and see all the whacked mass shootings involving individuals who utilized neferious loopholes to access weapons.

1) Illegal aliens

2) convicted felons

3).individuals clinically diagnosed with severe mental issues that prohibit themselves from being anywhere near weapons.

All these people can stray onto any one of the thousands of hunting forums and trick some unknowing member

The other aspect is the unwitting individuals who unbeknownst to them sold those said individuals,  without full legal compliance ....those firearms., and now thier life is a nightmare -

So......no guns guys ...I would like to....but due to politics and the reality of the times......no firearms transactions , not here at least .....now we all see the threads about "Greenleaf 870 on gunbroker " hey that's cool , gunbroker is fully set up for that
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Greg Massey

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 04, 2018, 05:47:08 PM
There is several legal hurdles with selling firearms via a online forum.  I am well versed having being a firearms dealer in the past.

atf/batf nightmare in the advent a issue arrives ...and it will , we have had issues with items as small as $9 , more issues would arrive with the larger tempting for scammer items

One has only to read the headlines today and see all the whacked mass shootings involving individuals who utilized neferious loopholes to access weapons.

1) Illegal aliens

2) convicted felons

3).individuals clinically diagnosed with severe mental issues that prohibit themselves from being anywhere near weapons.

All these people can stray onto any one of the thousands of hunting forums and trick some unknowing member

The other aspect is the unwitting individuals who unbeknownst to them sold those said individuals,  without full legal compliance ....those firearms., and now thier life is a nightmare -

So......no guns guys ...I would like to....but due to politics and the reality of the times......no firearms transactions , not here at least .....now we all see the threads about "Greenleaf 870 on gunbroker " hey that's cool , gunbroker is fully set up for that
X2 ..i could see a big problem with doing this on the site...

USmarine4910

Gotcha. I understand completely. Thanks guys.

Gooserbat

Shannon correct me if I am wrong but can't?we post a wtb thread regarding firearms?
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

aclawrence

Rokslide has a firearms classifieds section but it's mostly rifles if that helps any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk