only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dixon vest

Started by fountain2, February 04, 2018, 10:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain2

What year were these made?

Gamblinman

2007 - First 100 were auctioned, the rest of the 1986 made were sold retail.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

1iagobblergetter

Wish they'd do another run and donate some of the proceeds to whatever charity they wanted...I ran it past I believe it was Bob Dixon's son,but must be to much of a headache to do(my words not his)...I said I bet they'd sell like crazy. I'd buy the first 2. One for now and one for when that one wore out. That would probably put me at about 6 feet under...

BottomLand54

the amount of money some folks pay for things id buy a 100 because in 10 more years they will be worth 1500.00 a piece they way some folks pay for things. lol who knows with inflation a cheap vest will probaly cost 500.00 in 10 years

Grey Owl

I saw one listed for sale on Facebook this morning for $750. Never used.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Grey Owl on February 04, 2018, 12:25:20 PM
I'd hate to get that caught on a tree limb or barbed wire fence.... :TooFunny:

trkehunr93

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 04, 2018, 12:28:34 PM
Exactly, my old hs vest from 1995 is doing me fine 23 years later.  Paid $50 for it Walmart I think. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 04, 2018, 02:57:33 PM
Exactly, my old hs vest from 1995 is doing me fine 23 years later.  Paid $50 for it Walmart I think. 

I will just keep carrying my new Satchel, i just feel more like a mountain man with my satchel hanging on my side...

davisd9

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 04, 2018, 03:02:35 PM
Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 04, 2018, 02:57:33 PM

I will just keep carrying my new Satchel, i just feel more like a mountain man with my satchel hanging on my side...

Or Indiana Jones

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

They are a unique piece of turkey hunting history. Wish I would have bought one but did not. Would not pay what is asked now but it was a good thing to do at the time. Wish they would continue his legacy by offering other ways to create funds for research.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

BottomLand54

If I made one and called is the mason Dixon vest would y'all pay 750.00 for it?

Greg Massey

Quote from: davisd9 on February 04, 2018, 03:37:27 PM
They are a unique piece of turkey hunting history. Wish I would have bought one but did not. Would not pay what is asked now but it was a good thing to do at the time. Wish they would continue his legacy by offering other ways to create funds for research.

My satchel is important part of history ..i have number 5 ...Glenda number's all her Satchels ...

Cut N Run

Far as that goes, I wish they'd made the Limbhanger longer.  I should have bought more than the one I've got. I love the fit & function of that vest.

I still have a Spartan (pre-Realtree) vest that has button closures on the pockets and has one of the thinnest, next to nothing butt pads ever attached to a vest. I can't remember what year I bought it, maybe 1990 or 1991?  It definitely saw a bunch of gobblers bite the dust before I upgraded to a different make around 1999.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Cut N Run on February 04, 2018, 03:56:24 PM
Far as that goes, I wish they'd made the Limbhanger longer.  I should have bought more than the one I've got. I love the fit & function of that vest.

I still have a Spartan (pre-Realtree) vest that has button closures on the pockets and has one of the thinnest, next to nothing butt pads ever attached to a vest. I can't remember what year I bought it, maybe 1990 or 1991?  It definitely saw a bunch of gobblers bite the dust before I upgraded to a different make around 1999.

Jim
I just wish they would build a vest like the Dixon Vest with the Quaker claw slings for straps like the Dixon, if they had one i would own another vest for sure...

WW

If you want a Fixon vest, just buy the new Nomad MG vest! It's almost the exact same!