turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wanting to try a red dot.

Started by gobblinfever, February 03, 2018, 08:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblinfever

I'm wanting to try a red dot sight but don't think I would like the scope type sights. Any suggestions?
Nothing better than turkey huntin

jwright8

Check out Burris ff3 or the vortex venom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guesswho

Yep, I jwright told you a couple good ones.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Number17

I don't like looking through a tube myself for short range shooting.
I had a diamond scope for a long time and it was OK
I tried a red dot scope a few times and it was OK
I tried a cheap reflex that wouldn't hold zero.
I finally got a Burris Fastfire and it has been perfect. I use the Speedbead mount. Very fast acquisition, shoot with both eyes open, don't have to have your head buried on the stock ( if the dot is on the target pull the trigger), and no tunnel vision from looking down a tube.

I see china has some Burris, Vortex, Doctor knockoffs now for a fraction of the price. That is a good way to find out if it's for you.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

gobblinfever

Nothing better than turkey huntin

Greg Massey

I have both scopes and red dots, i will take my scope and day with the built in range finder and i can detect and see better movement thru the scope in taller grass and thicker woods...

BABS9

NCbowjunkie

I thought about putting a FF3 or vortex on a hand gun, TC Contender chambered in 7/30 waters, has anyone tried one on this type, I have a pistol scope on it now but in low light conditions it's impossible to see through.

Yoder409

I'm partial to the tube type red dots.  Just seem sturdier to me than the Fast Fire style sights.

I shoot EVERYTHING both eyes open.  So there's no issues there for me, personally.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Bowguy

I had a terrible time w the fastfire 3 and I like Burris. It was not great if you ask me. I'd spend a little more and get something better or perhaps try that Vortex. Guys seem to like it.
Remember soon as you add sights no matter what the type you're prob gonna lose some cheek weld on the stock. There are cheap comb raising kits that work ok.

Gobble!

Cut N Run

SpeedBead with a FastFire II for me.  I haven't missed a turkey since I added it to my turkey gun.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

southern_leo

I have a cheap truglo that's been good surprisingly

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

Never had a scope on a turkey Gun, those go on my rifle and ff3s on my turkey guns I have 4 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop1082

Never had one. Have a 12 BPS and a 20 870 youth that I'd love to add one to eventually. Williams Firesights have treated me pretty darn well for a while now but in the heat of the moment the "fuller" fiber optics on them will blend together sometimes especially at range. Trying to aim at the waddles turn into the whole bird practically being covered up at 30+ yards.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]