OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Bore Cleaner?

Started by BDeal, February 02, 2018, 03:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

Curious as to what people are using for cleaning their barrels?

Thanks!

Greg Massey

For just regular cleaning gun oil, patches or bore snake ... we are talking about shotguns ...?

Fl strutter

I have always used just hoppes to clean barrel and last year I tried butches bore shine and will never use anything else. I was blown away when I ran a patch soaked in butches down the barrel. It had globs of black plastic and residue on it. Nothing has ever come close to removing everything from the barrel.

taylorjones20

Quote from: Fl strutter on February 02, 2018, 03:57:37 PM
I have always used just hoppes to clean barrel and last year I tried butches bore shine and will never use anything else. I was blown away when I ran a patch soaked in butches down the barrel. It had globs of black plastic and residue on it. Nothing has ever come close to removing everything from the barrel.

X2 - it's some powerful stuff!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Deputy 14

Rubbing alcohol on a brush will remove all of the plastic fouling almost immediately. Follow with hoppes and it's spotless.

1iagobblergetter

Gumby

Dtrkyman

Butchs bore shine is fantastic.

davisd9

Hoppes benchrest gets all the plastic out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

BottomLand54

Non clorinated brake parts cleaner

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 02, 2018, 03:44:27 PM
For just regular cleaning gun oil, patches or bore snake ... we are talking about shotguns ...?

I agree, been doing the above for years. However, I will pick up some butche's this week to try. I'm curious. Just as I'm curious about all the plastic everyone has in their barrels. I have never seen big globs of plastic in any of my barrels. I did see some streaks in the barrel once that came right out with Hoppe's solvent. I even deep cleaned once to get all those microscopic particals out - never did see any improvement.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Greg Massey

Quote from: mtns2hunt on February 03, 2018, 10:00:52 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 02, 2018, 03:44:27 PM

I agree, been doing the above for years. However, I will pick up some butche's this week to try. I'm curious. Just as I'm curious about all the plastic everyone has in their barrels. I have never seen big globs of plastic in any of my barrels. I did see some streaks in the barrel once that came right out with Hoppe's solvent. I even deep cleaned once to get all those microscopic particals out - never did see any improvement.
I agree i have already order a bottle of Butch's also from Amazon..no one in my area would have it anyway...

Fl strutter

Soak a few patches hooked to a cleaning rod and slowly spin it from one end to other. Not back and forth. It'll amaze u. Butches is great stuff. Use outside tho. The better half will kick u out if u open it inside.

Smooth_Operator

Butch's...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

wvnut3

I have used shooters choice mc#7 for past 20 years in all of my firearms..Lee