OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Deciding on new boots??

Started by jwright8, February 01, 2018, 10:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwright8

I am going to get a new pair of boots before season. I'm wanting snake boots. What is everyone wearing? I don't mind to spend money on a good pair.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaLongbeard

I've got a pair of the Russell's Turkey hunters on the way snakeproof water proof and Mossyoak  greenleaf camo what else could you need lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

BottomLand54

I just ordered a pair Irish setter vapertrek snake boots havnt wore em yet but they are incredibly light weight.

nyhunter

bbcoach

WW

cutt down

Quote from: jwright8 on February 01, 2018, 10:18:14 PM
I am going to get a new pair of boots before season. I'm wanting snake boots. What is everyone wearing? I don't mind to spend money on a good pair.

Thanks

What kind of terrain you hunt? I have a pair of Danner Steadfast that I like but I just got a new pair of Lacrosse Aerohead snake boots I'm excited to try. Had some Muck Woody Armour that lasted 10yrs & just gave them my grandson....still going.

jwright8

Quote from: cutt down on February 02, 2018, 04:31:46 PM

Thanks

What kind of terrain you hunt? I have a pair of Danner Steadfast that I like but I just got a new pair of Lacrosse Aerohead snake boots I'm excited to try. Had some Muck Woody Armour that lasted 10yrs & just gave them my grandson....still going.
Hardwoods and mountains.

Cut N Run

Danner Pronghorns are hard to beat.  I've put around 100 miles on mine so far and they're ready for more.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

cutt down

Quote from: jwright8 on February 02, 2018, 04:55:26 PM
Quote from: cutt down on February 02, 2018, 04:31:46 PM

Thanks

Hardwoods and mountains.

Then I'd go with danner

Sixes

Another vote for Danners.  I had Cabelas Pinnacle front zip boots for awhile, they were great at first and for some reason began to hurt my feet.  I switched to Danner Pronghorns several years back and they are much more comfortable.

I like them so much that a couple of years back, I saw them on clearance for a ridiculous price (don't remember exactly but less than 100 dollars), so I bought another pair to put up for future use, it seems when I find something I like, it always get discontinued at some point.

Yoder409

Quote from: BottomLand54 on February 02, 2018, 10:24:21 AM
I just ordered a pair Irish setter vapertrek snake boots havnt wore em yet but they are incredibly light weight.

This !!!!

This spring will be the 3rd year on my VaprTreks.  Like wearing 17" running shoes.  I love 'em !!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

BottomLand54

Man I can't wait to hit the woods in them I honestly thought they shipped me an empty box.

Dukejb

I really like my Chippewa snake boots. They're quite comfortable even when doing a good bit of walking. Luckily, I haven't had to test how snake proof they actually are yet.

dayna105

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 02, 2018, 08:58:12 PM
Quote from: BottomLand54 on February 02, 2018, 10:24:21 AM

This !!!!

This spring will be the 3rd year on my VaprTreks.  Like wearing 17" running shoes.  I love 'em !!!!!!

Second season for mine, also use them while clearing brush this past summer.   

Was a toss up to decide between these and the Danners. Either I think would be great boots, just the Setters felt better for me. Never will be another pair of Rocky's for me 2 pairs both had chunks missing from the soles within a couple of preseason trimming on the deer club I was on in Ga.