turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stock question help!!! Knoxx

Started by eorlando, January 31, 2018, 08:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eorlando

Sorry for all the questions. So I bought a knoxx stock off eBay 4 months ago or so that was labeled as being for a Remington 870 20ga so I bought it. I didn't have a 20 ga at the time but was going to put one together. Fast forward to today. Just got in an 870 compact 20 ga with 21" barrell. I took the stock off the gun and the knoxx doesn't line up. It looks like it should but won't slide in. Is it the wrong stock???

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Spring Fever

Where does it not slide in? I just put mine back together and the only thing for me that was tricky was getting the screw in the receiver.
I am not able to post pic but if u send me a pm with your email or cell number I can send you pics of mine.
I still have it a part but can show you how it lines up on mine if that helps

Spring Fever

Wait looked at the pic better
Did you take the spacer out? I think that's your problem.

eorlando

Quote from: Spring Fever on January 31, 2018, 09:10:07 PM
Wait looked at the pic better
Did you take the spacer out? I think that's your problem.
What spacer???

Spring Fever

Mine had a metal horse shoe looking spacer between the stock and receiver I had to remove in order for the stock to slide on flush.

eorlando

I don't see a spacer. It is almost like the top of the stock will not go low enough to line up and slide in. I'm not sure it looks like it's the same size and should work but it won't match up. Here's a picture of where I think you were talking to spacer should be

eorlando

Here is a pic of the original stock and the new one

Spring Fever

Don't use the spacer. It should line up does it?
I had to discard my spacer for it to fit right.

Spring Fever

On the top stock in the bottom pic it looks like there is a metal spacer you can remove on it.

eorlando

Quote from: Spring Fever on February 01, 2018, 06:45:18 AM
On the top stock in the bottom pic it looks like there is a metal spacer you can remove on it.
I don't see anything that can be removed. Maybe I am looking in the wrong spot. I'm not sure.

Spring Fever

I will get you pics of my stock this evening when I get home so maybe we can compare and see what the issue might be.

eorlando

Quote from: Spring Fever on February 01, 2018, 08:33:02 AM
I will get you pics of my stock this evening when I get home so maybe we can compare and see what the issue might be.
I appreciate it! This is driving me crazy. Something that should be simple is turning into something to be a real pain. I am just hoping that it is not the wrong stock. The knoxx Remington 20 gauge stock should Mount up to any Remington 20 gauge correct? This is a brand new 20 gauge youth / compact with a 21 inch barrel.

Poppahunts

I know when I was looking for the Spec Ops Knoxx for my 870 20ga build last year a lot of folks on Ebay gave the description that it was for the 870 20 ga. In reality when I asked for the Model # it was not the right match.
    I did find one used and fit no problem. From my understanding they quit making them around 2012 for the 870 20 ga. 
Turkeys For Tomorrow Member
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
Life is hard, twice as hard if your stupid
               - John Wayne

Poppahunts

Just wondering , did you get it sorted out?
Turkeys For Tomorrow Member
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
Life is hard, twice as hard if your stupid
               - John Wayne

Spring Fever

His stock ended up being for a 12gauge.