turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 20 ga choke tube recommendation

Started by eorlando, January 31, 2018, 06:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eorlando

I just picked up a Remington 870 20ga and bought 5 boxes of federal hw 7's. What choke do those that have experience recommend?? Thanks!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Swab21

I've had good patterns with a TRUGLO Strut Stopper Xtreme. I wish I had a sumtoy to try out.

mightyjoeyoung

Carlson's non-ported .575.  All you need and if that doesn't pattern how you like it call sumtoy. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

backforty

Print by Madison, on Flickr

richard black

I bought the Sumtoy 562-5 for my Rem. 20 and highly recommend. Lethal patterns.

Izzyjoe

I've had good patterns with the primo's tigh wad choke.

batsonbe

I'm planning on patterning my Sumtoy .562 with my nitro 4x5x7 hevishot next week. Im hoping it will put up some decent numbers. This is the first choke I have tried in my 20ga 870 21" barrel.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nyhunter

I have both  sumtoy .562-5 and,  the trulock .560 choke made for the Fed. HW #7's . they shoot almost identical in poa/poi, and there patterns are so close that you'd never know one from the other,  So either of them would be a good choice. 

Jbird22

Another vote for the Carlson's .575 non-ported. It patterns both Fed HW 7's and TSS 9's very well and the cost is a major plus. Can't go wrong with trying it first. If it doesn't suit you, you should be able to sell it here no problem. I doubt you'd sell it though.

strutstopper

Strut stopper extreme, it's slightly tighter than my sumtoy.

Deast1988

I had sumtoy do a lot of work to my 870 20ga. I got his choke tube, my gun did not pattern his tube worth a flip. I got a TruLock #7 choke that shoots better I recommend TruLock to folks.