only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking to buy

Started by Aaronhollon3, January 30, 2018, 09:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaronhollon3

Best pot call maker/designer? Prices?

Wigsplitter

Get you an outlaw hen from lonnie sneed-- $55 you will thank me later!! Most underrated call out there imo!!!

wvhoyt19

Red vyper

What sounds good and works for me may not for you but right now I like my Mr wing bone grey ghost,
And a Scott Hock slate.
I like my yingling aluminum also and have a strut buster from Steve @supreme due in any day now that I can't wait to try.
If you got the cash a daybreak Ceramic is supposed to be awesome as well as any Lonnie sneeds stuff.
Enticer has a cool web site and tho I don't own his call yet I'll probaly try one next year
Good luck

idratherb

Be careful, you may end up with a suit case full.

Bowguy

There's really no best imo. There's lots of good ones. Tell us some info like do you have any calls at all? Can you run em? If you do have calls what type? How is the area you hunt? Is it humid, wet?
Btw-Welcome

Happy hooker

Starting out,,,,for the cost of most guys premium pots
Instead for almost the same money you could call Lonnie Sneed and get a hot hen slate and an outlaw hen glass and no regrets.

southern_leo

This question is like saying what's the best car. There are so many great pots and call makers. Many of them are here. I say figure out what surface you want and then snag a few from the classifieds here. Some great deals from great makers. I now make calls but still like buying new ones from other call makers too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Aaronhollon3

I've always carry a vest full of calls. Box, mouth calls and a couple pot calls. One slate and one glass (both no more than 30$ a piece) and it seems like my glass call gets used the most (pot call wise) 90% of the time. Called in a boat load with a zink thunder ridge glass call.

West Augusta

You won't go wrong with a good glass call no matter who makes it.  I'd add a good anodized aluminum pot also. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Chris O

I have quite a few calls and only a few that I like slightly better than the one I am going to recommend to you. Get a Mike Yingling waterproof pot crystal over glass for 50$ you can't go wrong. Get a couple good wood strikers and he will send you his carbon striker with the call. It's kind of the 4x4 of Turkey calls not the flashiest but a good go anywhere type of call that plays easy and sounds great.

ChainReactionGC

I'm partial to mine, but having said that..... There are sooooo many great calls out there that it's hard to choose just one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

chuckward

There's a pile of great call makers. Mark Cornelius, Dustin Jones, Brad Roberts, lonzo, Jimmy Schaffer, David Halloran won't disappoint and are readily available. At the top is Clint Corder and Paul Platz, but are next to impossible to get.

Coop1082

It's hard to label a best. I have pots from Trice, Schaffer, Shoemaker, Halloran, Cornelius, Anderson, Longnecker, TJ Johnson, Hock, and I think you get the idea but the list goes on and on and on. I would and will hunt any call I have from any one of them. You've got a ton of great replies so far and the list will only grow. Your best bet is to listen to some soundfiles in the pot call soundfile section and see what suits your ear best or just pick a name from the ones listed in here already and give that guy a call. Most every name listed is a jam up guy who is willing to work with you, talk with you, and run what they have on hand over the phone for you to get you what sound your looking for. Best of luck! Your about to find yourself traveling an expensive but extremely fun road!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]