OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

US Postal Service does it again...............

Started by Yoder409, January 30, 2018, 07:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BottomLand54

Same here they closed the one in hickory when they had all the cutbacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixes

My wife ordered something for my daughter on Black Friday for Christmas. It showed shipped and went back and forth all around GA. Finally stopped somewhere and she contacted the company that she bought from and they reshipped the order.

Ironically, both packages arrived the same day.

I'm friends with 3 postmasters and another guy who is very high up the food chain at the USPS and they all blame the problems on their inability to hire and FIRE employees. Either the employees are temporary with no experience and don't care or they are long time employees that cannot be touched

BottomLand54

Maybe Trump can drain that swamp too.

WNCTracker

One time when I was hiking the AT I got to the southern border of the smokies. I was doing botany research for NPS and they didn't need data so I decided to drop about 10 lbs of data collecting equipment from my pack and mail it to the northern border of the smokies. Long story short I got there 4 days before the usps got it there because it had to go south before going north. I ended up staying at a hostel called mountain mommas  splitting wood for lodging and 3 cheeseburgers a day

gaswamp

us postal service does not own airlines to do their shipping.  They rely on Fed Ex primarily, then Ups and other airlines to ship their packages.  I would assume since bad weather might cause some delays for you guys that live up North.

Yoder409

Quote from: gaswamp on February 02, 2018, 06:35:15 AM
us postal service does not own airlines to do their shipping.  They rely on Fed Ex primarily, then Ups and other airlines to ship their packages.  I would assume since bad weather might cause some delays for you guys that live up North.

This was not a partnership package.   100% USPS from start to finish.   
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

gaswamp

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 02, 2018, 12:51:15 PM
Quote from: gaswamp on February 02, 2018, 06:35:15 AM

This was not a partnership package.   100% USPS from start to finish.   If it was priority Fed Ex handled it in the middle

there is no 100% USPS unless you are talking about 50 miles or so.