Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

US Postal Service does it again...............

Started by Yoder409, January 30, 2018, 07:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Back before Christmas I had a call I had bought take 8 days to come 300 miles via Priority Mail.

I recently (semi-recently) bought a red-dot sight.  It was shipped 8 days ago............. Priority Mail............from 350 miles away.......   It still has not arrived.  I've followed the tracking.  It hasn't been mis-routed and went somewhere else first.  It's just been on it's way here for 8 days.  That's less than 44 miles/day and it's STILL not here.  I can ride my bicycle TWICE that far in a day.............

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

BottomLand54

Man I run into the same issue allot with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoors

YUP I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YA FEEL ABOUT USPS.
MOST EVERYTHING COMES FROM OUT OF STATE FOR ME
I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STATE WEST SIDE AND I HAVE HAD PACKAGES GO TO MIAMI.......THATS WAY WAY SOUTH OF ME ....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Deputy 14

I ordered some feathers for musky baits from Montana to WV. Went to Hawaii then Florida haha. 27 days I had them, not too bad.

yelpy

I am still waiting on a something I ordered back a week before xmas that was shipped usps. I am going to say it won't ever show up.

joey46

Wife's W-2 went to a neighbor's on another street.  Anyone remember Cliff Claven from Cheers? We're trying to do as much banking, bill paying etc on line.  Funny sometimes. Scary others. A W-2 has everything you need for an identity theft.

CrustyRusty

I won't use them for anything important any more...would rather pay the extra for UPS and have real working tracking information.  I've ordered several things from Amazon recently who now apparently uses USPS for small items...so much for two day prime shipping!!!

TauntoHawk

amazon prime and UPS are getting things on my door in 24-48hrs weekly and USPS is still acting like everything has to come my mule or pigeon its so slow
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

trkehunr93

Where I live in VA all of our mail has to go to Greensboro, NC before it makes it back to VA.  Talk about going around your @%& to get you your elbow.  That's government for ya!  I know because I work in local government.  You gotta talk to 3 people and then send an e-mail before you can make any kind of change.   ::)

sonofabuck

Twice I've had items arrive in Chattanooga,where I live, then leave before coming to me. One time it went to Memphis and back the other to Nashville and back. Both times I was needing the item for a planned weekend. Needless to say I'm not too fond of USPS.

Yoder409

Well, apparently, the package has arrived, according to tracking.

9 days to come 350 miles...........   Stunning.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Here's a little example of the USPS and government in general at it's best.......

My brother moved a couple years ago from one town in Western PA to another town 20 miles to the north.   He registered a forwarding address for his mail to be sent from his old address to the new one.    So the mail arrives at the P.O. where he used to live..........  Guess where it goes from there
to be forwarded 20 miles up the road in Western Pennsylvania ??

Norfolk, Virginia !!!

A normal, thinking person couldn't make that kinda stuff up.......
PA elitist since 1979

CrustyRusty

Where I live, in Dutchess County NY everything goes to New Jersey after leaving here.  Even the post office employees call the place in NJ "the swamp"...and for good reason, seems a lot of stuff goes missing in the swamp, beside Jimmy Hoffa lol :funnyturkey:

BottomLand54

Quote from: trkehunr93 on January 31, 2018, 09:45:22 AM
Where I live in VA all of our mail has to go to Greensboro, NC before it makes it back to VA.  Talk about going around your @%& to get you your elbow.  That's government for ya!  I know because I work in local government.  You gotta talk to 3 people and then send an e-mail before you can make any kind of change.   ::)
That's funny I live in newton Nc and if I mail a card to someone right down the road it goes to Greensboro and comes back. Greensboro is only 1 hour and 30 mins away and they could live next door. Lol take a week for a neighbor to get a card.

trkehunr93

Quote from: BottomLand54 on January 31, 2018, 01:39:06 PM
Quote from: trkehunr93 on January 31, 2018, 09:45:22 AM
That's funny I live in newton Nc and if I mail a card to someone right down the road it goes to Greensboro and comes back. Greensboro is only 1 hour and 30 mins away and they could live next door. Lol take a week for a neighbor to get a card.

They closed the distribution center here in Roanoke about two years ago so all of our mail takes a few extra days to get to its destination.  Don't be in a hurry.