turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First new Nomad vest I've seen...

Started by Grey Owl, January 30, 2018, 03:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Owl

Found them at Field & Stream in Asheville NC. Ironically we went to a Mall to let my wife shop for her birthday and I found those in stick. Lol.

17hornethunter

Thanks for the pics! It looks well thought out for sure!

trkehunr93

tha bugman

SKFOOTER

I called their store and they will not ship until the item is available on their website---which it is not.  BUMMER!

Fullfan

I am not bashing just passing along what I read. A fellow on face book said the Nomad is no where the quality of a Russell vest.  And he was not impressed.
Don't gobble at me...

Grey Owl

Quote from: Fullfan on January 31, 2018, 02:42:51 PM
I am not bashing just passing along what I read. A fellow on face book said the Nomad is no where the quality of a Russell vest.  And he was not impressed.

That's possible. I've never seen a Russell to make a comparison. As much interest as there is in the Bob Dixion & Limbhanger vests you'd think they'd still make them.

For now this Nomad for $129 is as close as I can find.

Gobspur

How do strikers fit in the pockets?  They look kind of short.  And how do they close? Button?

Grey Owl

nyhunter

CAUTION                    just look close at the vest before you buy one, I looked at them ready to by one at Field & Stream,  one had a split zipper ON THE upper right outside pocket, and 2 others on the lower right slat call pocket the button was really hard to get snapped and kept popping open. i hope it was just coincidence because this is exactly the vest i'm looking for, these are really nicely laid out and great looking vest's.

Tail Feathers

Dangit Grey Owl, I clicked on that link and wound up buying another vest showing under that one.  And here I was all set to not buy anything turkey this year. :toothy12:
But the price was real good on the one I bought! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BMAC_Turkeys

set up very similar to dixon/ limhanger.  cushion should be very thick and has a thermacell pocket on the front, wish it had two box call holders on the front.

WNCTracker

Quote from: Grey Owl on January 31, 2018, 06:28:10 AM
Found them at Field & Stream in Asheville NC. Ironically we went to a Mall to let my wife shop for her birthday and I found those in stick. Lol.
You and ashevillian too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vt35mag

Looks great!
Shell loops? Does it have a second box call pocket?