Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do you have calls that you absolutely will not take to the woods?

Started by Grey Owl, January 28, 2018, 06:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoodsniper

Quote from: Chris O on January 28, 2018, 08:55:28 PM
Quote from: Snoodsniper on January 28, 2018, 08:14:48 PM
The ones I can't play worth chit stay home..that reminds me... Anyone in the market for a nice trumpet?
What is it?
Crawdad?? I think was the fellas name that I got it from. It's well made, just not my cup of tea.

Just one of those things that I had to try.

Chris O

Quote from: Snoodsniper on January 28, 2018, 09:01:56 PM
The ones I can't play worth chit stay home..that reminds me... Anyone in the market for a nice trumpet?
What is it?
Crawdad?? I think was the fellas name that I got it from. It's well made, just not my cup of tea.

If you could post a picture I may want it If I don't there may be someone else that wants it . I think there is pretty good interest in trumpets right now. Thanks for the reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoodsniper

Quote from: Chris O on January 28, 2018, 09:05:07 PM
What is it?

If you could post a picture I may want it If I don't there may be someone else that wants it . I think there is pretty good interest in trumpets right now. Thanks for the reply

Here you go. Like I said it's nice but I don't have the talent or patience to master these calls so it stays home.

Chris O

Quote from: Snoodsniper on January 28, 2018, 09:15:18 PM
What is it?

Here you go. Like I said it's nice but I don't have the talent or patience to master these calls so it stays home.
How much are you wanting for it

Snoodsniper

Quote from: Chris O on January 28, 2018, 09:16:34 PM
Quote from: Snoodsniper on January 28, 2018, 09:15:18 PM
What is it?

How much are you wanting for it

Moved to PM. Apologies to the OP for the unintentional thread jack.

Yoder409

I have GOBS of them that I'll never hunt.   Most of them because they don't sound better than the few that I do let out...........some of them because they are irreplaceable.  But they ALL get played.   I'm in my calls a couple or three times a week just pulling a couple out and running them.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

MK M GOBL

99% of what I buy is to hunt with, but I have "retired" a few sentimental calls (still hunt worthy) and bought a few just for the collection.

MK M GOBL

callmakerman

1985 DD Adams super slate. I can't replace this as it's in awesome condition and would hate to lose or break it. I want to hunt this pot in a bad way as it sounds so good but Roger Parks tells me to just put it up and not chance it. It's killing me not to hunt it at least once.

silvestris

All of my callers were made by me for hunting or given to me for the purpose of hunting.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Tail Feathers

If it sounds good enough to my ear to call in a turkey, it will hunt with me.
I don't have any calls too valuable or just for collection purposes.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

southern_leo

I don't buy collectable tools. Calls are a hunting tool. My dad once told me concerning collectable knives "what good is a knife on a shelf". I feel that same way. If I buy it then I'm planning to use it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

I have a few shelf queens.  Most of what I have I'll hunt with.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Greg Massey

Collecting calls, guns and knives is nothing more than a passion and a hobby that a lot of hunters enjoy as a investment whether you hunt with them or not, what's wrong regardless, if you collect these item's if they ever hunt, shoot or cut the first piece of meat or skin. It's something a lot of people enjoy... I just have a passion for history.. with knife makers, old guns and turkey call makers...

Chris O

Quote from: callmakerman on January 28, 2018, 11:21:21 PM
1985 DD Adams super slate. I can't replace this as it's in awesome condition and would hate to lose or break it. I want to hunt this pot in a bad way as it sounds so good but Roger Parks tells me to just put it up and not chance it. It's killing me not to hunt it at least once.
I would hunt It at least once or until I killed a bird with it or at least worked one.That will make it even more special to you and adds to the story.Just pick a nice day to take it and carry it in a cuzy to protect the finish. I understand if you don't hunt it also though

KYFrid

Most of em i hunt with. I've got a few though like my Morgan Beggin Hen, that I'll take if I know theres no chance of rain ruining it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk