turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bird #1 For Daddy

Started by daddycallemin, April 16, 2011, 04:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddycallemin

After letting several birds walk I finally decided to take one this morning.
This bird fooled me with his aggressiveness. Had two tom's with thin 10's beards in field  scared of pretty boy/pretty girl/and dead Betty. They gobbled in 3 bigger tom's and MR. TOUGH GUY ran straight to Pretty Boy and I took him at 18 yds. Looker bigger and meaner than he really was but thats hunting/ 17 lbs.  1" spurs  10 1/4" beard. Worried about weather this morning but it turned out good. Prayers for all the folks affected by the tornados with this line of storms. Good Hunting TO ALL!  Pics later

JVA54

tnturkeyman28

Big Boys Custom Calls
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Owner of Big Boys Custom Call making Custom Turkey Calls to Order. Mossy Oak Pro Staff The Good lord has Blessed me far more than I deserve. Philippians 4:13

cannonball

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Ol'Mossy

bowhunter84

turkey slayer

sounds like a dandy! congrats!!

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

nctrkyhntr

pullit

Basser69

Hognutz

Congrats on the bird. Can't wait for the pictures..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

catdaddy

Quote from: daddycallemin on April 16, 2011, 04:11:56 PM
After letting several birds walk I finally decided to take one this morning.
This bird fooled me with his aggressiveness. Had two tom's with thin 10's beards in field  scared of pretty boy/pretty girl/and dead Betty. They gobbled in 3 bigger tom's and MR. TOUGH GUY ran straight to Pretty Boy and I took him at 18 yds. Looker bigger and meaner than he really was but thats hunting/ 17 lbs.  1" spurs  10 1/4" beard. Worried about weather this morning but it turned out good. Prayers for all the folks affected by the tornados with this line of storms. Good Hunting TO ALL!  Pics later

Just curious----why would you let several birds walk?

daddycallemin

Sorry catdaddy in not answering you earlier but been busy calling in for my young friends. To answer your question on letting birds walk, me and my son have been hunting together for about 11 years now and we are very selective on the birds we harvest. We are fortunate to have plenty of good birds to choose from and usually let the smaller ones walk. I know some folks say why but we feel those 2 year olds will be alot bigger next year so we sometimes wait. Again we are lucky to have great places to hunt with lots of activity each day. That is why we are selective. Don't get us wrong though we do kill 2 year old birds if the occasion is right. Usually we let them walk when we know there are bigger toms in the area. We know the birds we hunt really good because we scout a tremedous amount pre- season and during the season. I feel this is why we are so successful in harvesting such good birds. As I said in my original post this bird fooled me that day --I thought he was the bigger bird we had scouted but I was wrong.