Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What have you decided you DON'T need this year?

Started by KentuckyHeadhunter, January 27, 2018, 08:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Another dang woman who wants to try turkey hunting!
Dads take your daughter turkey  hunting too , just because they went deer hunting before  ???

Gobble!

Good question. I don't think anything is actually going to change this year, which would be a first for me.

land cruiser

Insane amount of work that prevented me from going more last year.

dejake

vt35mag

Apparently I decided I don't need disposable income, because I have bought a ton of calls...

vt35mag

Seriously though, I will probably shed locators and carry two pots instead of four.

agturkey

I do not need all the hashtags, competition, and attitudes...AKA modern social media post and I know everything folks on forums.  I could do with a few less outlaws along the way too.

Cut N Run

Quote from: Farmboy27 on January 28, 2018, 09:09:08 AM
Cigarettes! At least I'm trying to leave them behind for ever. It hasn't been easy but I've been smoke free for 2 weeks now and I'm looking forward to the benefits, both financially and health wise.

Good for you!  Keep it going.  In time you'll really enjoy how much better things taste.

It took me a long time to figure out what I like to have in my turkey vest.  I don't like being caught unprepared, but I know better than to carry useless junk. 
I don't use a locator call very much, so maybe that will get left behind.

You know what will happen though,  Just as sure as I need it, I won't have it.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Kylongspur88

longbeardbuster

Everyone that's getting rid of their stuff just sent it my way. I'll put it to good use lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris O

Quote from: land cruiser on January 29, 2018, 11:33:30 AM
Insane amount of work that prevented me from going more last year.
I second that I work way too many hours

TauntoHawk

i didn't feel weighted down last year at all went from a 12 to a 20, I didn't carry decoys once haven't much in years, I don't need a turkey chair with the rocker vest seat so Im pretty streamlined.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 28, 2018, 10:41:11 AM
I'm going totally nude this year.  I'll roll in some mud, use natural voice calling and wring their neck barehanded.

I may carry a pot call on occasion and use my blue-diamond boner as my striker.

I won't need Permethrin but I'll sure use plenty of OFF before I leave the truck.

Unlike the TV show, I'll be Naked and UN-Afraid! :toothy12:

Signed, Topper

tha bugman

One year I made a list of  "what I do not need"  After I broke the 3rd one I ripped it off the wall and tore it into a thousand pieces. I am hopeless.

wvmntnhick

I've found that depending on where I go will dictate what I carry at times. When going to hunt public land near my buddy's farm, it's a gun and diaphragm call. Maybe an owl and crow call if mood strikes me. His farm is quite good at times and it borders the public land that's somewhat landlocked to a degree. The "right of way/access" is nothing more than about 2 miles of dirt trail that's sandwiched between 2 fences on private ground. Neighbors let us hunt their place too. With the number of birds there, finding a willing participant isn't too hard most days. The terrain sucks too cuz it's uphill in all directions, even when coming back to the camp. I see no need to carry anything other than a call, gun, gps (cuz I get lost easy enough) and some water. Think I've already mentioned my other plans of attack for other tracts of land though so not going to hash it out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk