OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What have you decided you DON'T need this year?

Started by KentuckyHeadhunter, January 27, 2018, 08:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Hooksfan

Not really this year, but the best thing I ever shed which made my hunting much more enjoyable was the nagging hag I was married to.

Greg Massey

Quote from: guesswho on January 27, 2018, 10:15:53 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on January 27, 2018, 09:21:19 PM
Quote from: guesswho on January 27, 2018, 08:14:05 PM
Vest, face mask, gloves actually shed them last year.   I'm down to a mouth call, trumpet or wingbone, turkey tote and sometimes a pot call.   Oh, and my little water bottle.
What no toilet paper ...
Nope, never have.
Your just a leaf kind of guy...lol

WNCTracker

Locator calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

About 60# so far and feeling better. Lol

I've switched to a different vest and it's cut down the # if calls I can carry. Started using a vestless shirt last year some and that really cut down what I could wear. 2 pots/strikers, scratch box, couple diaphragms, gobbler lounger and a turkey tote. Loved it.

turkaholic

Out of all the equipment I carry, the least used is my gun. I have considered leaving that behind as it is the heaviest.  :icon_thumright:
live to hunt hunt to live

Farmboy27

Cigarettes! At least I'm trying to leave them behind for ever. It hasn't been easy but I've been smoke free for 2 weeks now and I'm looking forward to the benefits, both financially and health wise.

Chris O

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 27, 2018, 09:14:18 PM
That's the problem, i enjoy all my calls so much sometimes i wish i was pushing a wheelbarrow to just carry it all. It's like i can't leave this at home or yes that call has got to go with me ...  I have one old box call and it's a old cheap box call but it's been on every turkey hunt with me in the last 25 years or more, it just has special meaning... I have a big range bag that i carry most all my turkey hunting stuff during the season, i just work out of that bag carrying different calls and such, i like to change up my calls in the woods and try not to sound like the same birds all the time... Love my Glenda satchel... yes water bottle and toilet paper always..  I guess i will take one less shell....
I also love too many calls and I pick 2 to 4 pot calls each day I hunt along with a few mouth calls. I don't like to sound like the same turkey All the time either. I rotate box calls as well .I only carry one a day. This year I will also rotate between wingbones and trumpets as well.That is my excuse to my wife for having a lot of calls anyway

Tail Feathers

I'm going totally nude this year.  I'll roll in some mud, use natural voice calling and wring their neck barehanded.

I may carry a pot call on occasion and use my blue-diamond boner as my striker.

I won't need Permethrin but I'll sure use plenty of OFF before I leave the truck.

Unlike the TV show, I'll be Naked and UN-Afraid! :toothy12:

Signed, Topper
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

NCbowjunkie

Quote from: guesswho on January 27, 2018, 10:15:53 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on January 27, 2018, 09:21:19 PM
Quote from: guesswho on January 27, 2018, 08:14:05 PM
Vest, face mask, gloves actually shed them last year.   I'm down to a mouth call, trumpet or wingbone, turkey tote and sometimes a pot call.   Oh, and my little water bottle.
What no toilet paper ...
Nope, never have.

You got to be tough   Thought you might go for the naked choke hold on them this year :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

dayna105

Quote from: Farmboy27 on January 28, 2018, 09:09:08 AM
Cigarettes! At least I'm trying to leave them behind for ever. It hasn't been easy but I've been smoke free for 2 weeks now and I'm looking forward to the benefits, both financially and health wise.

Best of luck Farmboy27. It's a tough road ahead. I still want one from time to time. Quit on April 3 2009 after smoking for 38 years. It was like getting a raise. Went and bought a motorcycle with the extra cash. Bike payments less than the cigs. Gained a few lbs. but still feel better.

I plan on leaving the owl call at the house unless I can figure out how to get the roll at the end.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 28, 2018, 10:41:11 AM
I'm going totally nude this year.  I'll roll in some mud, use natural voice calling and wring their neck barehanded.

I may carry a pot call on occasion and use my blue-diamond boner as my striker.

I won't need Permethrin but I'll sure use plenty of OFF before I leave the truck.

Unlike the TV show, I'll be Naked and UN-Afraid! :toothy12:

Signed, Topper
TailFeather you have the right name for going naked, just watch out for those sticker bushes and barb wire fences ...

BottomLand54

Ima hunt Greg Massey's land so
No need for a water bottle since he had installed water stations.

Not taking toilet paper since I don't have a gal bladder anymore
And everything's liquid do just will use grass and leaves.....

Someone mentioned in another thread about using a blade of grass as a turkey call, just make sure you don't use the grass where I've been.

I may leave my calls and home
And use a blade of grass.

I am probaly going to leave my 12 gauge at home as well.

southern_leo

Quote from: Farmboy27 on January 28, 2018, 09:09:08 AM
Good for you. I quit about 6 years ago and still want one all the time. And I miss my Redman golden blend. But I save SO much money. It's all mental brother. It doesn't get much easier, at least for me it didn't. It's just will power. Keep it up

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

fallhnt

More than one IL turkey permit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy