Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What have you decided you DON'T need this year?

Started by KentuckyHeadhunter, January 27, 2018, 08:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KentuckyHeadhunter

What are you shedding? Stuff you always used before but decided you don't need anymore in the turkey woods.  Everyone talks about additions so I want to hear about subtractions.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

guesswho

Vest, face mask, gloves actually shed them last year.   I'm down to a mouth call, trumpet or wingbone, turkey tote and sometimes a pot call.   Oh, and my little water bottle.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Gooserbat

I lightened up last year.  Went fanny pack, slate pouch, box call holder, butt pad, and only carried a headnet, gloves, handful of shells.  Worked out great.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

LaLongbeard

I can't think of anything to subtract from my vest  I have it pretty much down to the bare minimum from years of culling what I didn't need. The only difference would be the gps and maps get left in the truck if I'm hunting familiar areas and the rain poncho if  it don't look like rain. 
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

ericjames

12 ga.  I stopped using a vest and all a few years ago. All I carry now is facemask,gloves,mouth calls,trumpet, gobbler lounge in a fanny pouch,and the little 20ga. Every now and then a pot call.

I forgot-  water and tp also.lol

BottomLand54

Backpack I wore a vest last year and carried a back pack full of junk I didn't need. If it don't go in the best it don't go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Slimmed down on calls a couple years ago.    My setup works for me and see no sense in changing it right now.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

That's the problem, i enjoy all my calls so much sometimes i wish i was pushing a wheelbarrow to just carry it all. It's like i can't leave this at home or yes that call has got to go with me ...  I have one old box call and it's a old cheap box call but it's been on every turkey hunt with me in the last 25 years or more, it just has special meaning... I have a big range bag that i carry most all my turkey hunting stuff during the season, i just work out of that bag carrying different calls and such, i like to change up my calls in the woods and try not to sound like the same birds all the time... Love my Glenda satchel... yes water bottle and toilet paper always..  I guess i will take one less shell....

Greg Massey

Quote from: guesswho on January 27, 2018, 08:14:05 PM
Vest, face mask, gloves actually shed them last year.   I'm down to a mouth call, trumpet or wingbone, turkey tote and sometimes a pot call.   Oh, and my little water bottle.
What no toilet paper ...

Rapscallion Vermilion

About 8 lbs of belly insulation.  That's the plan anyway.  I want to start this season where I usually end up at the end of the season.

southern_leo

I shed my scratch box and short box. I'm almost 100% pot call now. It's just what I like to use

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

Nothing, I have done this a while ago when I quit my vest and went to my Badlands hip pack. Trimmed a lot out of the vest and figured out what I use to kill turkeys, and then went to the pack...LOL did all this because I started carrying the video camera :)

MK M GOBL

guesswho

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 27, 2018, 09:21:19 PM
Quote from: guesswho on January 27, 2018, 08:14:05 PM
What no toilet paper ...
Nope, never have.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff