OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Is this Winchester worth anything??

Started by longbeardbuster, January 25, 2018, 10:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie234

Quote from: longbeardbuster on January 28, 2018, 08:41:07 PM
Quote from: eddie234 on January 28, 2018, 06:23:49 PM
I love mine, paid $150.00 ea at the pawn shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice camo patterns on those 1300's. What chokes are you using in those? I'm using the factor full choke and getting good results from it. The original owner must not have lubed the threads because I can't get it out I have a factory extra full for it too but can't change it. I heard if I put the muzzle in solvent it can work the threads lose. Any truth to that do you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The scoped one has an Indian creek and shoots 3" hevi 13 #6 the other one has a comp n choke but recently changed it out for a gobbling thunder .655 shoots 3" Winchester XR #6.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: longbeardbuster on January 28, 2018, 08:41:07 PM
Quote from: eddie234 on January 28, 2018, 06:23:49 PM
I love mine, paid $150.00 ea at the pawn shop.

Nice camo patterns on those 1300's. What chokes are you using in those? I'm using the factor full choke and getting good results from it. The original owner must not have lubed the threads because I can't get it out I have a factory extra full for it too but can't change it. I heard if I put the muzzle in solvent it can work the threads lose. Any truth to that do you know?

Be careful as some solvents will mess up the camo finish. Might try taking it to a gunsmith or find a wrench that can be used on a ratchet. I've got one but no clue where it came from.