turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is this Winchester worth anything??

Started by longbeardbuster, January 25, 2018, 10:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeardbuster

I have this Winchester 1300, it's in realtree camo. I haven't seen any others like it maybe one or two. Is this worth anything? Because I wanted to sell it and use the money toward a Mossberg 500 turkey model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Not trying to be "smart" about it but that's the honest truth. Look at the older camo Remington's. Those guns aren't worth near what guys are paying for them in my eyes but they pull a premium for reasons well beyond my logic. Same thing with the Ruger skeleton stocked guns. You find a guy with some nostalgic pull and who knows? Either way, good luck with the sale. Personally, I think you've got a great turkey gun as is but fully understand the desire to get something new. For some guys, myself included, it's just one of those things.

southern_leo

Judging from your picture at least one Tom thought it was to die for ????

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Happy

If it were me I would keep on running it. A mossy ain't gonna kill one any deader. But it is what makes you happy and if you want the mossberg then get the mossberg.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

longbeardbuster

After thinking about it more and reading these comments I think I am going to keep using the Winchester. Thanks guys.

southern_leo

Probably a good call. I run an 870 because I got a good deal on it. It's plain Jane but kills turkeys just as good as super black eagles. I'd love a newer nicer gun but mine is just fine and effective until I can afford another.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Izzyjoe

Good call keeping it! I really like those 1300's.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

LaLongbeard

I'd definitely stick with the 1300 to me the Mossberg is heavy and not well balanced the thumb saftey was the only thing I liked about the Mossberg I had.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

eddie234

I love mine, paid $150.00 ea at the pawn shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

paboxcall

Quote from: eddie234 on January 28, 2018, 06:23:49 PM

Love me a 1300 dressed in Advantage camo!

To the OP - the old RealTree is cool. I had a 1300, traded it on a Mossy 500, then went back to a 1300.
While I hunt with a single shot now, I wouldn't hunt any other pump gun. Mine is the Buck/Tom edition
dressed in New Breakup.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

strutter

I love mine it's been knocking them
dead for many years.

longbeardbuster

Nice camo patterns on those 1300's. What chokes are you using in those? I'm using the factor full choke and getting good results from it. The original owner must not have lubed the threads because I can't get it out I have a factory extra full for it too but can't change it. I heard if I put the muzzle in solvent it can work the threads lose. Any truth to that do you know?

longbeardbuster

Quote from: paboxcall on January 28, 2018, 06:38:02 PM

Love me a 1300 dressed in Advantage camo!

To the OP - the old RealTree is cool. I had a 1300, traded it on a Mossy 500, then went back to a 1300.
While I hunt with a single shot now, I wouldn't hunt any other pump gun. Mine is the Buck/Tom edition
dressed in New Breakup.

Thanks, I haven't seen one with the same pattern anywhere else. That's what made be think is was rare.

My friends father has a 1300 NWTF edition with the blued barrel and receiver with the fancy wood stock don't know how else to explain the stock on that one. But it's really nice. I've that model a couple times.