turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Keystone Cops find success!

Started by busta biggun, April 16, 2011, 01:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busta biggun

Ok, so my dad is almost 80 years old and he is still very active. I took him turkey hunting this morning. I called a big old gobbler away from a hen and across a huge field and worked him for almost an hour as he was hung up at 50 yards behind sone shrubs. I finally get him into the decoys and gave my dad the go ahead to shoot as I was filming the whole thing. Next thing I know he falls off of the big bucket he was sitting on and almost pulls the whole blind down on top of us. Of course the turkey hears the whole thing and is walking off nervously as my dad is on his back wallowing around in the mud. I finally help him get up and he shoots at the confused turkey and misses! Fortunately he had one last shot and was able to get him. This whole scene was unbelievable. I will make sure to post the video when I get it on Youtube. Nothing like hunting with dad. I guess it is his payback for all the hunts I messed up for him when I was a kid! All in all it was an awesome day!

PANYHunter

Thats a great story.  I would love to see the video.  Cograts!!!

hookedspur

:agreed: :thanks:
Quote from: zach20065 on April 16, 2011, 01:23:32 PM
LOL!!! That just sounds like a great time with your dad to me!!! Memories that will last forever.  I cant wait to see that video.  Congrats man!

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bbcoach

Congrats first of all!!!!  I can't wait to see the video.

Second, even if you were the Keystone Cops this morning, you were Truly Blessed to enjoy a Memorable Moment and Hunt with your Dad. 

I hope you two are able to share many more Keystone moments!!!!!!!!

cannonball

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Ol'Mossy

Tell your dad congrats, and thanks for the laugh  ;D

lmbhngr

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Bagg-it Tag-it

I'm glad he didn't get hurt falling over and even more happy that he busted the bird.

Mailman

Too funny. Sounds like a great hunt. Wish my dad could walk better so I could get him out. He will be 79 in june
One Shot One Kill

Duke0002

Wonderful that your dad could join you.  Glad no one was hurt.  Congrats to dad on the bird!

That story is funny.  Can't wait for the vid...

Hognutz

That is awful funny, right there. I can't wait for the video. And he got the bird..This ought to be good..Mike  :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

3.5inchpainfulldeath

anytime in the woods is a good time with your dad.  congrats on a great hunt.  :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:

Basser69

That one cracked me up! Please post the video for all of us to see, oh yea, Congrats on killing a bird!