OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tick repellent left outside and froze.

Started by HFultzjr, January 25, 2018, 04:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HFultzjr

Hey guys.
I just found my tick repellent concentrate in the shed outside.
It is:
https://www.amazon.com/Martins-Permethrin-Multi-Purpose-Insecticide-8oz/dp/B001EVKCKM
It froze and is still frozen.
Does anyone know if it is still good?
:newmascot:

Thanks.

1iagobblergetter

If you don't have any ticks on you this spring it probably still works.   :TooFunny:

paboxcall

I've always wondered that too, I left a bottle of Sawyers in an unheated garage couple years ago and kicked around using it. After thinking about it, for me, I tossed it and went to the big box store and paid the $9.97 for a new bottle. To me, ten bucks is a cheap insurance policy - that stuffs works and I don't want to take any chances these days.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Yoder409

Supposed to hit 50 degrees here in the Keystone tomorrow.

Shouldn't take too long to find a tick and try it out.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Kylongspur88

I leave my Sawyers in the garage and haven't had any issues. Just give it a good shake before spraying.

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 25, 2018, 07:54:02 PM
Supposed to hit 50 degrees here in the Keystone tomorrow.

Shouldn't take too long to find a tick and try it out.

Nope, gonna pass on that little field test of yours.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Greg Massey

It will be find just shake it up good, spray down with it and go hunting...

joey46

Yeah - that Lyme Disease is probably over rated anyway :TooFunny:.  I've always kept the spray cans of tick spray in the garage and never had a problem even when living up in OH an KY.  Good luck.

ddturkeyhunter

Mine is frozen just like yours, so was woundering if good or not also. But I am not going to through out, I will use for later in season and spray on just as a add on to freshen it up. Not good to pore out chemicals just to get rid of use up as intended.
Last year was first year every used, I pretreated for a midMay hunt in WI and did not have a single tick. Never hunting there before I thought they maybe had a low tick count in that area. Only later I talked too a couple of mushroom hunters in the parking lot and they were crawling with ticks. Wont hunt with out it anymore, stuff works.

LaLongbeard

Sawyers is cheap...why take a chance to save 10$ read up on Lyme desease and see if it is more economical than the spray.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

HFultzjr

I'll probably just get a new one to be safe.
I'm a "Tick Magnet" you know!
:jackson:
I'll mix up a potion of the old stuff and use around the property.
Thanks all!

Yoder409

Quote from: Phillipshunt on January 26, 2018, 09:57:14 AM
........ read up on Lyme desease and see if it is more economical than the spray.

I'll save ya the time.

It's not.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Number17

Nothing wrong with it. Thaw it out, shake it up and use it.

Test it on a spider if you proof
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls