News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Camo Pattern?

Started by double drops, January 24, 2018, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Quote from: southern_leo on January 26, 2018, 06:51:59 PM
...I do think animals sometimes can tell something isn't right even if they can't tell it's a person. I've had wildlife look at me and spook just 10-20 yards then turn around and stare. So I do try to match my terrain...

:agreed:

Spent almost two hours working a gobbler, finally came in trailing a jake and a hen. I'm certain that hen spotted my faded out Advantage chamois camo pants against the darker bark of the tree and spooked with the gobbler in tow. I never moved an inch.

So, I also try to match the background. For me, combo of original and new Bottomland, and I add 3D leafy wear in the spring. Even added some green jute to the 3D top to further break up my outline and add splashes of green.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Spitten and drummen

Old school original green leaf.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Cottonmouth

New or original bottomland,  or Greenleaf. I've got some old breakup and some obsession that I wear from time to time.

ilbucksndux

There was a day that I would not buy a piece of camo unless it was Mossy Oak Break up,not the new one but the original until one day some buddies were duck hunting across a field from me and the ones in Break up looked like they were wearing Black. When the new Bottomland came out I took a shirt and hung it up in hte woods and backed off to see if it turned into a black blob and it did not.

That being said I like Bottomland but wear everything, whatever is clean enough to wear. I dont think there is much difference in the different brands. 
Gary Bartlow

Turkz39

I forgot to mention the all time best ,  mossy oak greenleaf.   I wish they would do a remake on that pattern.

Tom Foolery

southern_leo

Keep in mind bottomland is not a do all camo and won't just make you disappear. It was designed to break up the human form against a tree hence the bark appearance. So of course you will still see it against greenery.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Shoregobbler

1iagobblergetter

I like all the old school camo,but I usually buy whatever Wal-Mart has if I need something. Once in awhile it's Cabelas for boots etc.

Anobody

BDUs.... camo only matters to the hunter. 
Please come follow my paracord creations on facebook as well.   On point paracord
https://www.facebook.com/100037570381935/posts/100617547867258?s=100037570381935&sfns=mo

wvmntnhick

Quote from: aclawrence on January 25, 2018, 11:30:25 PM
It looks like Bottomland is a crowd favorite. It looks cool up close to me but I think it would turn into a black blob at 50yds.  Don't hate me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most camo does that. You're actually better off just wearing a mixture of drab colors. It's been said a million times but commercial made camo was made for hunters. Not for hunting. The open ASAT and Predator stuff is by far a better option at concealment for most distances and someday, when I truly feel that camo has a greater impact on my level of success, I might just break down and get some. Until then, it'll be whatever cheap stuff is on sale and keeps me warm when it's cold and cool when it's warm.

BottomLand54

Chili ozonic suit with white tube socks

aclawrence

Quote from: wvmntnhick on January 30, 2018, 12:06:15 AM
It looks like Bottomland is a crowd favorite. It looks cool up close to me but I think it would turn into a black blob at 50yds.  Don't hate me.

Most camo does that. You're actually better off just wearing a mixture of drab colors. It's been said a million times but commercial made camo was made for hunters. Not for hunting. The open ASAT and Predator stuff is by far a better option at concealment for most distances and someday, when I truly feel that camo has a greater impact on my level of success, I might just break down and get some. Until then, it'll be whatever cheap stuff is on sale and keeps me warm when it's cold and cool when it's warm.

Agreed. I usually lean more towards clothing for its technical properties than camo pattern.  As far as what's my favorite camo though. I don't know but I think Kryptek Highlander and First Lites Cipher patterns look good. Also like Sitkas new sub alpine.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: aclawrence on January 30, 2018, 08:36:06 AM
Quote from: wvmntnhick on January 30, 2018, 12:06:15 AM

Agreed. I usually lean more towards clothing for its technical properties than camo pattern.  As far as what's my favorite camo though. I don't know but I think Kryptek Highlander and First Lites Cipher patterns look good. Also like Sitkas new sub alpine.

Kryptek is way over my budget for the performance it provides. First Lite is good stuff but I'm turning into a big fan of wool anyway. Having said that, I bought a bunch of the Browning Hells Canyon stuff when it went on clearance. This was right before they came out with the "Speed" line. Soft shell jacket and pants with a pair of wool base layers and the primaloft jacket liner kept me warm in sub zero temps this year. Found that to be impressive considering the whole system was under $150.

aclawrence

Nice deal. I don't actually own a lot of Kryptek. Just one pair of pants I just bought off of camofire for $54. I just think the patterns look good.  I do have a first lite Llano in Max-1 pattern. I forgot about that pattern. I would probably say it's my favorite. I just like the way it looks. First lites new Aerowool is supposed to be super nice. A lot more durable.