turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Camo Pattern?

Started by double drops, January 24, 2018, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PALongspur

Mostly Bottomland (new) with some Forest Floor and Obsession thrown in on occasion.

quavers59

I found by accident at the Greenwood Lake Sportsmen's Shop a pattern that was in use during Vietnam. This k it is called Tiger- Stripe. The shirt has 2 upper and 2 lower pockets. It came with Dogtags as well!!

Turkz39

Yoder409

I don't suppose it matters much if a feller sets up intelligently.

That being said...............  I've always liked the Realtree patterns ability to blend better than others.

In Texas brush country I like Max 1
Early season Nebraska I like (I'd rather not) Hardwoods Snow  haha !!
General everyday turkey hunting Easterns in PA, MD, WV, etc the original Hardwoods 20/200 is the shizzle.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Spurs Up

Quote from: quavers59 on January 25, 2018, 05:44:34 PM
I found by accident at the Greenwood Lake Sportsmen's Shop a pattern that was in use during Vietnam. This k it is called Tiger- Stripe. The shirt has 2 upper and 2 lower pockets. It came with Dogtags as well!!

Lucky you!  Love me some tiger stripe, but haven't seen any in >30 years. The last such shirt I had in ts also had 2 upper and 2 lower pockets. Great find.

aclawrence

I just got a pair of Kryptek Valhalla pants today in the Highlander pattern. It's a pretty sweet camo pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey Owl

Wigsplitter

Bottomland for me -also have been wearing some nat gear sc2  all those rocks and bare tree bases in the mountains make it fit right in . Kinda surprised nobody has mentioned it!

WNCTracker

I wear my predator camo from bow season

aclawrence

It looks like Bottomland is a crowd favorite. It looks cool up close to me but I think it would turn into a black blob at 50yds.  Don't hate me.

Greg Massey

I just like wearing my turkey feathers and fans without any camo...

stewdawg

Bottomland early and then move to Greenleaf and New Obsession when it greens up, matched with a leafy suit top.

BottomLand54

Done forget to sit downwind and make sure you use an ozonic machine. It will increase your odds. Really if you use these two tactics you could wear blaze orange and High lighter yellow.

lunghit

Quote from: aclawrence on January 25, 2018, 08:48:31 AM
Quote from: lunghit on January 25, 2018, 08:03:53 AM
I like my ASAT 3D leafy suit for both deer and turkey.
To me that's got to be one of the ugliest patterns ever lol but ASAT has a cult following. People swear by that pattern.  It's definitely super good at breaking up your outline. Up close and at distance.

Very ugly for sure lol. I would never buy a bow or gun that was dipped in ASAT but I really believe it works better than my other camo clothes I have. I just bought a heavy camo jacket in Predator fall grey that is a touch more attractive than ASAT and peolpe swear by it. I honestly believe it all comes down to movement.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

southern_leo

I have alot of different camo patterns. I like bottom land if I'm gonna be against trees. Fall i go with muted patterns and spring I'll start greener ones. From my own experience I don't think it really matters. But I do think animals sometimes can tell something isn't right even if they can't tell it's a person. I've had wildlife look at me and spook just 10-20 yards then turn around and stare. So I do try to match my terrain. After saying all that I've killed stuff with jeans and t-shirts on too lol. It probably makes us feel better than anything. I look at camo like i do with de-scent detergent. If it only makes a 5% difference I'll do it. Because if I spend the money, time, and drive to a hunt I want to do everything possible to increase my chances.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk