OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Camo Pattern?

Started by double drops, January 24, 2018, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Dooley

I like Realtree. Seems like to much black in the mossy oak patterns to me.

davisd9

I am usually lucky if two of the items I am wearing has the same pattern.  I like the mossy oak bottomlands, greenleaf, and break up as they seem to match just about anywhere and have dark colors that blend with the shadows.  My leafy jacket is some sort of realtree and it has been a good one.  I am usually not magazine worthy when I am in the field.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

lunghit

I like my ASAT 3D leafy suit for both deer and turkey.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

BottomLand54

Quote from: davisd9 on January 25, 2018, 07:42:59 AM
I am usually lucky if two of the items I am wearing has the same pattern.  I like the mossy oak bottomlands, greenleaf, and break up as they seem to match just about anywhere and have dark colors that blend with the shadows.  My leafy jacket is some sort of realtree and it has been a good one.  I am usually not magazine worthy when I am in the field.

Lol I though is seen you in the 2018 turkey hunting magazine.

Hey these kids like these right pants with holes in em And crazy colors I'd say most of us would be in style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Quote from: lunghit on January 25, 2018, 08:03:53 AM
To me that's got to be one of the ugliest patterns ever lol but ASAT has a cult following. People swear by that pattern.  It's definitely super good at breaking up your outline. Up close and at distance.

SwampRooster17

Bottomlands

buzzardroost

Greenleaf

LaLongbeard

Original Bottomland or Greenleaf
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

tha bugman

Mossy Oak Forest Floor pants and New Breakup on top

wvmntnhick

Quote from: aclawrence on January 25, 2018, 08:48:31 AM
Quote from: lunghit on January 25, 2018, 08:03:53 AM
To me that's got to be one of the ugliest patterns ever lol but ASAT has a cult following. People swear by that pattern.  It's definitely super good at breaking up your outline. Up close and at distance.

It's not attractive, that's true. But, from what I've seen, it breaks up ones outline better than anything I've seen on the market.

Coop1082

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Gobble!

bbcoach

Realtree Extra Green.  The last couple of years I've been wearing a green leafy suit over the camo.  As others have stated, camo doesn't matter, it's about being still with very little movement.  Try to blend in but remain as still as possible.

Greg Massey

The old style Bottomland and Greenleaf ... but i also wear a lot of Realtree from the clearance rack at Walmart. Guys don't forget Goodwill, i have found some new or almost new camo clothing in the store... First of season before the green up in Tennessee i like camo with less green and after green up camo with more green to the patterns regardless who made the patterns ...

the Ward

m 44 pea dot or oak leaf. But you can't get it in regular hunting clothes that I'm aware of, only repo uniforms. And no way am I going out in public looking like a nazi. So I either roll with original bottomland, and sometimes I wear a homemade gillie poncho, depending on terrain.