turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Unicoi call haul pics???

Started by Happy hooker, January 14, 2018, 09:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

It's 13 below here in Minnesota need some inside entertainment,,love to see the calls you got in "balmy" 18 degree Georgia.

Boxes
Pots
Strikers
The whole nine yards!!_

KentuckyHeadhunter

I was disciplined enough this year to restrain myself more than the last two years.  All I brought home was a (incredible sounding) new design Dawkins shorty, walnut over poplar and a Lee Bowles Jordan yelper.  Two definite killers.  Also Mr Daryal Gosey gave me this cool little owl hooter that runs really well.  I have a lot of calls already so I was there to see old friends and meet new ones.  It was an amazing show as always.

Click to enlarge
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

nitro

Billy Buice 50th Anniversary set. One of 25 in the series . Old Brazilian Rosewood. Calls in the style of Billy's early design..

5.5" and 6" trumpet with screw in MP and Copper ferrules. Wonderful calls.
Royal Slam 2008

chefrific

This was my first time attending the Unicoi show. It was a blast. Great show, great people, great fellowship. My haul is from left to right an African blackwood "chibouk" trumpet by Anthony Ellis. I was always curious and admittedly hesitant to pick one of these up until I tried it. Amazing call. Next is a beauty of a little cocobolo, blackwood and Buffalo horn Jordan, also by Anthony. And last, but certainly not least is an Osage orange trumpet by Billy Buice made from an old fence post. Super dense and heavy. Incredible sound. Can't wait to see it once it colors up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

West Augusta

Sorry for not posting individual pictures.  Busy day so far.

Hudson hen box
Riley Corder anodized aluminum  pot with Snakewood striker
Patrick Hilbert glass pot
Buckner rose engine tree yelper
Billy McAllister tree bark yelper
Mike Lapp yelper
Robert Glover trumpet

Jeff Erb trumpet
Anthony Ellis trumpet

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

chefrific

Quote from: West Augusta on January 14, 2018, 05:34:20 PM
Sorry for not posting individual pictures.  Busy day so far.

Hudson hen box
Riley Corder glass pot with Snakewood striker
Patrick Hilbert glass pot
Buckner rose engine tree yelper
Anthony Ellis trumpet
Billy McAllister tree bark yelper
Mike Lapp yelper
Robert Glover trumpet
Jeff Erb trumpet.
Nice haul!
Steve, that was me at Anthony's booth Saturday morning when you were picking up that trumpet.

West Augusta

You should have said something.  I'd have liked to meet you.
Next year. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

chefrific

Quote from: West Augusta on January 14, 2018, 06:31:32 PM
Next year.
I had no idea as well. Anthony informed me today. I think we should all wear a sticker with our old gobbler handle next year. Lol.

West Augusta

Quote from: chefrific on January 14, 2018, 06:50:08 PM
Quote from: West Augusta on January 14, 2018, 06:31:32 PM
Next year.
I had no idea as well. Anthony informed me today. I think we should all wear a sticker with our old gobbler handle next year. Lol.

Good idea

West Augusta

I see you got one of Anthony's "pipe" calls.   :TooFunny:
Pretty cool idea and they sound great.  I'll get one down the road.

chefrific

Quote from: West Augusta on January 14, 2018, 07:08:52 PM
I see you got one of Anthony's "pipe" calls.   :TooFunny:
Pretty cool idea and they sound great.  I'll get one down the road.

I'll be hitting that pipe quite a bit this spring.  That thing sounds SWEET.  Put an index finger in the "pipe" and play with the air flow and it will go from producing some of the best tree calls to the softest clucks, yelps and whines.  It's going to be a killer.

mgm1955

Chris O

I was wondering if there were some Red Slates there and what people thought of them thanks I am just curious

SJ Strutter

I'll post pics later but, I got 3 NO Bull (Tim Bullock) short boxes and a Chad Scruggs crow call.  :icon_thumright: Yeah Buddy!!
Tri County Longbeards Chapter President
United Bowhunters of NJ
New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

hambone50

picked up an AGE trumpet in Osage and bought back-ups/eventual replacements to all the pecker wrecker mouthcalls that I already use.