News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Beard and spur display

Started by tanna114, January 10, 2018, 12:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeardbuster

Quote from: tanna114 on January 10, 2018, 12:03:31 AM
Just finished this guy up a couple of days ago and am really happy with how it turned out.

I bought the shadow box from Michaels, but the back was black. So I went to Walmart and bough some burlap so that the beards would pop against it. I picked up the cabinet knobs and a small metal rod from Home Depot. To hide the metal rod, I used some beads I also got from Michaels. I threw some serving string at the top to make sure the beards never came apart and also it is what I used to attach the beards to the knobs.

The middle bird only had one spur, so I didn't forget anything there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome idea! One thing I love about turkey hunting is the way people can just come up with great ways to display their trophies without the help of a taxidermist.

longbeardbuster

Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 10, 2018, 08:22:24 PM
Here's the last Display I did, I always like a fan and this one added in some wings and then the beards and spurs!

MK M GOBL

Very beautiful, true artist.

Bowhunter123224

Looks really nice! I'm impressed!

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott