OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beard and spur display

Started by tanna114, January 10, 2018, 12:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanna114

Just finished this guy up a couple of days ago and am really happy with how it turned out.

I bought the shadow box from Michaels, but the back was black. So I went to Walmart and bough some burlap so that the beards would pop against it. I picked up the cabinet knobs and a small metal rod from Home Depot. To hide the metal rod, I used some beads I also got from Michaels. I threw some serving string at the top to make sure the beards never came apart and also it is what I used to attach the beards to the knobs.

The middle bird only had one spur, so I didn't forget anything there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wigsplitter

Tennessee Lead

That's sweet!

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

rbreedi1

That's awesome, thanks for the idea! I need to do something like that
Thunder Ridge Totes

Fullfan

Looks good no doubt, the beards that I have collected over the years just occupy several shoe boxes in the basement. And the spurs hang on the garage wall.

Don't gobble at me...

tanna114

Thanks guys! I have been wanting to do something for awhile, but didn't want to spend very much money and also wanted to make something myself. I'd say there is probably $30-$35 in supplies in this, with most of that being the shadow box.

The goal was to make something nice enough I could put in the finished part of the basement, but my wife isn't going for that idea just yet. I'll get it there soon enough

MK M GOBL

Here's the last Display I did, I always like a fan and this one added in some wings and then the beards and spurs!

MK M GOBL

3bailey3

WV Ridge Reaper

Not bad tanna

Hooksfan

tomstopper

Looks good

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Ericbrooks

I like that!! Great job!

Kylongspur88

drahts

Both of those displays are really nice!  Great job guys! 

Doug
Nothing better than a Child's smile behind a full fan!