turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Body modifications

Started by new2turkey, April 16, 2011, 01:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2turkey

I know this is sort of way off topic, but I am curious to know what everyone thinks of body modifications...

Including:

Tattoos
Piercings
Stretched ear lobes
Other stretched peircings
Silicone implants (not the kind you're probably thinking)  :lol:

Again, totally off topic, but I stretched my ears pretty big when I was younger, and from experience I know I was frowned upon quite a bit... Just want to know what the OG community thinks...

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

CASH

Got no problems with it.  It's your body.  Of course I've got multiple tats, so I guess I'm biased.  I will admit though, I've never understood the ear stretching thing.  Don't care if you do it, just don't understand it.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

PANYHunter

I've got a tattoo and plan on getting some more, but I don't really understand the stretched lobes and other stretched piercings. I'm fine with people wanting to do it but with tattoos you can usually cover them up for like a job interview and such.  But to each their own.     

S.C.C

stinkpickle

I gave myself some stretch marks around my love handles by indulging in massive amounts of pizza and beer for many years...Does that count?  They're kinda in a tribal pattern...sort of.   :(

PANYHunter

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 16, 2011, 07:39:08 AM
I gave myself some stretch marks around my love handles by indulging in massive amounts of pizza and beer for many years...Does that count?  They're kinda in a tribal pattern...sort of.   :(

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

LX_Trkyhntr

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 16, 2011, 07:39:08 AM

leave it to stinky! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  Tribal pattern huh?  Try to tell that to your wife after she has had a baby!!! :TrainWreck1:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Mailman

I don't like the face piercings or the stretched ear and nose stuff. Just remember people get their first impressions from how you look. This does not mean you are a bad person. Today's society is not ready for that stuff right now (to many old people still around) in years down the road it wont even be noticed because it will become the norm.
One Shot One Kill

S.C.C

FREAKS!!!    :lol:

Take it back to Africa! I'm not old,and we don't need it in America!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

new2turkey

Quote from: S.C.C on April 16, 2011, 09:14:07 AM
FREAKS!!!    :lol:

Take it back to Africa! I'm not old,and we don't need it in America!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Native American tribes did it as well.

I did stretch my ears really big, but I got tired of all the nasty looks and being judged, so I let them shrink down.

I had my ears to 1 3/8" and I also had my septum pierced...

My reason for doing it was for the original reasons it was done... I did my septum because in some early civilizations it was part of becoming a man... My ears were stretched because in ancient cultures they represented status and wisdom.

I'll see if I can find some pictures.

new2turkey

In hindsight, I regret it... Not because of the way it made me appear, but because it was so hard to find a job and I was constantly judged and looked down upon.

It's also really hard to hold a conversation with some people I know with way larger ears than me, because they are kind of intimidating and very distracting when they get over 2 inches... I'll see if I have a pic of one of them...

bird

Quote from: new2turkey on April 16, 2011, 09:22:05 AM
My reason for doing it was for the original reasons it was done... I did my septum because in some early civilizations it was part of becoming a man... My ears were stretched because in ancient cultures they represented status and wisdom.

Status and Wisdom......  :TooFunny:

Sorry but you asked for what we thought and I also thought it looked pretty "stupid" to me.  But hey what do I know.  I'm one of those old farts that will look at a kid with piercings all over their face and ask them if they're goin' fishin'.  And when they ask me why, then I just remark that they look like a "Walkin' Tacklebox".  

Status and Wisdom....
 :TooFunny:

new2turkey

Quote from: bird on April 16, 2011, 09:31:45 AM
Quote from: new2turkey on April 16, 2011, 09:22:05 AM

Status and Wisdom......  :TooFunny:

Sorry but you asked for what we thought and I also thought it looked pretty "stupid" to me.  But hey what do I know.  I'm one of those old farts that will look at a kid with piercings all over their face and ask them if they're goin' fishin'.  And when they ask me why, then I just remark that they look like a "Walkin' Tacklebox".  

Status and Wisdom....
 :TooFunny:

It's what it used to stand for...

And to each his own,  ;D

S.C.C

The Good The Bad and the Ugly!!   :whip2:
Fellows if you would take the time and read your Bible It explains were this and other things that are being excepted in the world today comes from,and it doesn't get anymore Ancient than the good book!!! :jesus-cross:

God Bless us all!! :angel9: