OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Body modifications

Started by new2turkey, April 16, 2011, 01:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBiologist

I dont have a problem with any of the above referenced body "art".  I actually expect to see it nowadays.

Truck Stop:  Old timey military type or road dawg truckers type tats
Music store: Weirdo's (no offense) with tribal tats or stretched ears
Fast food joints: slackers with tribal tats who spent the better years of life partying
Bars/Dance clubs: Easy wemon with the billboard on their lower backs

of course this does not cover all walks of life,and there are some respectable people out there with tats/body mod.  Not all professions call for people with that type of stuff though.  Someone with a lip ring or full skull tat might make a good radio personality or dell call center worker.  But they would not be well accepted for a job in the publics eye.  I believe everyone has the right to take part in any of the activities listed in this thread.  That is the freedom America affords us.  But they also do not have the right to complain when they cant get a good job because they chose to modify their body in a place that cannot be hidden.  Shoulder tat that is hidden is ok, ring in nose is not accepted in society as a whole yet.  To each their own, but that goes both ways. 

Basically Dont Do It If You Cant Handle The Reprocusions
Certified Wildlife Biologist

NCBigShot

...a cry for help... It's not needed...and if it's wanted, then my friend...you might have some issues.

....Even my 9 year old son understands that.
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

bowhunter84

i dont understand the ear stretching thing either but each to his own. i have a tat on my arm but it is easily covered with a short sleeve shirt. the only reason i got it was in memory of my dad who i always called "Pops". here is a picture of it.

Crappiepro

I think alot of those ideas come from the San Francisco version of the Bible, you know the one that talks more about Adam & Steve and not Adam and Eve. It seems alot of people today think their actions in life are covered under this new twisted version of the Bible. Good luck with that!