News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stihl String Trimmer--What to Buy?

Started by gatrapper, December 16, 2017, 01:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

I'm looking at getting a new Stihl string trimmer. I have a lot of property to trim and I am looking at buying one of the pro model trimmers.

There are so many models to choose from and I really don't know exactly what one would best suit my needs.

Do I go with a regular straight shaft or do I go with the bike handles? What size? etc.

The guys at the dealership don't offer the best of info.
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Mossberg835

I have the fs 90r.  I cut around my lake and ditches. I haven't had experience with other models but it does what I want.

Fullfan

I have the Fx100R, I can take the guard off and run 13" of line  on both sides w no problem.
Don't gobble at me...

bbcoach

I have the Stihl FS 80R straight shaft.  I don't have the handle bars but I do have a heavy strap with a heavy D ring.  I have been using mine for years and it is a GREAT trimmer, plenty of power.  We clear and work many areas and shooting lanes.  For light trimming the string works great but no matter which model you choose get a brush blade, you won't be sorry.  The brush blade will do a lot more work in a shorter amount of time.  With one of the Pro models, you can fell small saplings.  You won't be sorry with the Stihl Pro models.  Good Luck.

wvspitndrum

I have a fs 90r and a 130 r , i use the 90 around the yard , i use the 130 for everything else , both great machine's,  that 130 is a beast though , not much will even slow it down !

Tom Foolery

I have the FS 240, it's a real monster.