News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Whatcha think?

Started by West Augusta, September 26, 2017, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Augusta

Coywolf or coydog?

Either way he's big.  He ran through my backyard Sunday morning while I was on the back porch drinking coffee.
Hope to see him again when I have a gun.  That pelt will look good on the wall.
My game camera at the top of the hill got this picture.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Happy

I am thinking part dog. Either way good luck and I hope you get him.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

HookedonHooks

Definitely some doggo in there! Either way, will be a purty pelt.

guesswho

Cool looking critter.

I know it's not, but zoom in on the end of the log in the bottom right.   It looks like a dogs face.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

outdoors

DOESNT HAVE A COLLAR
GREEN FLAG .........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

idratherb

larry9988

Kind of has Collie markings, but looks like a coyote too.

mgm1955

KentuckyHeadhunter

It's a foxcoyotecollie.  Very rare. :TooFunny:
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

HookedonHooks

More often than not local coyote populations have the intermingled lab mutt, Heinz 57, or did at some point, and this is what throws those white and black fur patterns. Coyotes are dogs, and that's just a nice looking coyote.

wvspitndrum

Hope you get a crack at him !! He would look awesome on the wall !!

renegade19

He does look cool.  I see coyote, no wolf.  Whack him if you get a chance.

falltoms

100 percent coyote.  They come in many shades of color.

Farmboy27

Take it from a coyote hunter. 100% coyote. A really cool looking coyote, but coyote nonetheless. When it comes to hybrids, which are actually very rare most places, body definition and build are dead give aways. Color and markings don't mean much on an animal that comes in as many variations as a coyote. I've seen them from jet black to almost snow white and every thing in between. The build, stance, and over all appearance of this (if you ignore the color) is all coyote. Best of luck getting it. Definitely a unique color and would make a great mount or pelt!

g8rvet

Quote from: HookedonHooks on September 27, 2017, 03:25:33 PM
More often than not local coyote populations have the intermingled lab mutt, Heinz 57, or did at some point, and this is what throws those white and black fur patterns. Coyotes are dogs, and that's just a nice looking coyote.

My understanding is that dogs are wolves (or their descendants).  They are all very closely related (as evidenced by hybrids being fertile - ie an  and horse offspring is not).  DNA markers are more unique in the coyote than the dog or wolf.  Genetically speaking a German Shepard is more closely related to the wolf than the Chihuahua.  I don't know for a fact, but I do not believe that is true for a coyote. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.